“Adorable restaurant!”

George & Wendy's Sanibel Seafood Grille
Price range: US$8 - US$37
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: George & Wendy Schnapp both moved to Sanibel Island in 2002, George from Buffalo and Wendy from Chicagoland. They met on the island, fell in love and married in 2007. George has been in the restaurant business for over 30 years. Together they opened George & Wendy's Seafood Grille in 2011 to provide a place where locals and visitors could come and enjoy good food, drinks and entertainment. We are open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week offering an extensive menu sure to please any palate. The Chef and General Manager work together with their team to provide a welcoming dining experience for all. George and Wendy's Seafood Grille offers one of largest Hand-Crafted Cocktail menus on the islands, 20 beers on tap, an extensive wine list and a full liquor bar. Entertainment is provided most weekday evenings and weekends. Kid meals are served on a souvenir Frisbee to enjoy. T-Shirts, hats and local artwork are also available for purchase. We are open late for dinner and offer a late night dining menu as well. It's fun for the whole family.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I made a reservation from home before we traveled to Sanibel. Our family was seated immediately. The menu was very extensive! Very impressive! The service was good the décor was nice and the food was very, very good. As were leaving and walking to our car, a group of people stopped us and asked us how we like our dinner and if we would recommend the restaurant. Absolutely! Park the car and head inside! See you next time George & Wendy’s Restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,275)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here twice for a late lunch (1 pm +) after outdoor activities. Patio and interior both quite nice, and was not crowded - garden screens restaurant from street. Tried clam chowder (lots of herbs, more flavorful than most), grouper tacos, coconut shrimp, shrimp scampi, and burger - all excellent. Friendly efficient servers.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No one recommended this gem to me before our recent trip. We stumbled upon it and made sure to go back for a second meal at this gem! I loved the fact that they took reservations - very helpful with small kids. GREAT menu - large selection. The tuna nacho appetizer was the BOMB. fantastic. My family also loved the shrimp tacos and grouper tacos. Great portion size - not too much! The service was outstanding both times we visited. Don't skip this place....

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I have been to George and Wendy’s before many times for many years and being that we are in Sanibel again this year, we went again. We sat down and waited almost 15 minutes for a waiter. There were 4 tables of people including us. Here is where it gets interesting... the waiter assigned to our table- Torry- was sitting at a table with customers chit chatting the entire time- right across from us while the manager- Dawn- was sweeping the floor. We went to the hostess and she (missed her name) was helpful and she got us another waiter from a different part of the restaurant- Kasey- it is ONLY- I repeat- ONLY because of Kasey’s genuine and caring attitude that we stayed. Once Kasey came over only then did Torry and Dawn follow. Dawn made excuses for Torry that he “didn’t see us” that he is tired and has been busy all night, how he is the best waiter they have and he has been there since they opened, how it was a mistake etc! REALLY??? We commented how she was sweeping for 15 minutes and she didn’t think to come to our table either? At the time we didn’t even know she was the manager. Never in my life were we treated like that and felt disrespected. To make excuses and act as if this waiter is better than anyone else is ridiculous when I’m sure there are just as good if not better, (obviously) because what kind of waiter ignores a table of 6 people and what kind of manager sticks up for her staff when there is an obvious issue. What kind of manager continues sweeping a floor and doesn’t take care of business?! Very disappointed. Thank you Kasey for taking care of us and treating us well. You are a great server and I hope the owners treat you well!

Dawn B, General Manager at George & Wendy's Sanibel Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Sarah B.,
Again, I want to apologize that you were not welcomed at your table in a timely manner last evening. We are like family here and work hard to ensure that every guest is met and welcomed with the highest quality of service and food. Unfortunately, that was not the case with you and your family when you first arrived. As it was towards the end of a busy evening, I was working with our team to ensure the restaurant dining tables and areas where properly cleaned and set for guests to enjoy. When the hostess brought to my attention that you had not been properly greeted, I immediately asked Kasey to assist. As Kasey went to greet you and your guests, I asked the hostess to bring water to everyone at your table. After alerting Torrey of your wait, we both offered our sincere apologies and a round of complimentary drinks to make up for the honest overlook. Every effort will be made to prevent this issue from happening in the future. We hope that your stay on Sanibel is a pleasant one. Thank you for dining at George & Wendy's.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was amazing. The server was overwhelmed by his tables. Made for a little tenseness at the table as we were there almost an hour before food arrived....since it took so long to get served in the first place.