“Adorable restaurant!”

George & Wendy's Sanibel Seafood Grille
Price range: US$8 - US$37
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Description: Sanibel Seafood Grille offers truly outstanding service, atmosphere, and cuisine. We offer lunch, dinner, late night menu, and daily changing specials. The focus of all our menus is fresh, local, and fun. We also have a full bar with an extensive wine list, 20 beers on tap, lots of local, domestic and craft beer bottles, and some fun drinks lists including: mojitos, martinis, and lots of other tropical favorites. We feature live entertainment including several local musicians, bands and karaoke. Our Sanibel restaurant is also an art gallery, so your dining experience is sure to be pleasing to the eye, too. Sanibel Seafood Grille has three distinct rooms: main dining, bar (including additional dining tables, high tops and several HD TVs), and a banquet/party room. There is also beautiful outdoor seating in the lush tropical garden outside the main entrance.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I made a reservation from home before we traveled to Sanibel. Our family was seated immediately. The menu was very extensive! Very impressive! The service was good the décor was nice and the food was very, very good. As were leaving and walking to our car, a group of people stopped us and asked us how we like our dinner and if we would recommend the restaurant. Absolutely! Park the car and head inside! See you next time George & Wendy’s Restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,391)

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Went here twice for a late lunch (1 pm +) after outdoor activities. Patio and interior both quite nice, and was not crowded - garden screens restaurant from street. Tried clam chowder (lots of herbs, more flavorful than most), grouper tacos, coconut shrimp, shrimp scampi, and burger - all excellent. Friendly efficient servers.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

No one recommended this gem to me before our recent trip. We stumbled upon it and made sure to go back for a second meal at this gem! I loved the fact that they took reservations - very helpful with small kids. GREAT menu - large selection. The tuna nacho appetizer was the BOMB. fantastic. My family also loved the shrimp tacos and grouper tacos. Great portion size - not too much! The service was outstanding both times we visited. Don't skip this place....

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I have been to George and Wendy’s before many times for many years and being that we are in Sanibel again this year, we went again. We sat down and waited almost 15 minutes for a waiter. There were 4 tables of people including us. Here is where it gets interesting... the waiter assigned to our table- Torry- was sitting at a table with customers chit chatting the entire time- right across from us while the manager- Dawn- was sweeping the floor. We went to the hostess and she (missed her name) was helpful and she got us another waiter from a different part of the restaurant- Kasey- it is ONLY- I repeat- ONLY because of Kasey’s genuine and caring attitude that we stayed. Once Kasey came over only then did Torry and Dawn follow. Dawn made excuses for Torry that he “didn’t see us” that he is tired and has been busy all night, how he is the best waiter they have and he has been there since they opened, how it was a mistake etc! REALLY??? We commented how she was sweeping for 15 minutes and she didn’t think to come to our table either? At the time we didn’t even know she was the manager. Never in my life were we treated like that and felt disrespected. To make excuses and act as if this waiter is better than anyone else is ridiculous when I’m sure there are just as good if not better, (obviously) because what kind of waiter ignores a table of 6 people and what kind of manager sticks up for her staff when there is an obvious issue. What kind of manager continues sweeping a floor and doesn’t take care of business?! Very disappointed. Thank you Kasey for taking care of us and treating us well. You are a great server and I hope the owners treat you well!

Dawn B, General Manager at George & Wendy's Sanibel Seafood Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hello Sarah B.,
Again, I want to apologize that you were not welcomed at your table in a timely manner last evening. We are like family here and work hard to ensure that every guest is met and welcomed with the highest quality of service and food. Unfortunately, that was not the case with you and your family when you first arrived. As it was towards the end of a busy evening, I was working with our team to ensure the restaurant dining tables and areas where properly cleaned and set for guests to enjoy. When the hostess brought to my attention that you had not been properly greeted, I immediately asked Kasey to assist. As Kasey went to greet you and your guests, I asked the hostess to bring water to everyone at your table. After alerting Torrey of your wait, we both offered our sincere apologies and a round of complimentary drinks to make up for the honest overlook. Every effort will be made to prevent this issue from happening in the future. We hope that your stay on Sanibel is a pleasant one. Thank you for dining at George & Wendy's.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Food was amazing. The server was overwhelmed by his tables. Made for a little tenseness at the table as we were there almost an hour before food arrived....since it took so long to get served in the first place.