“Very interesting”

Sanibel Historical Museum and Village
More attraction details
Owner description: A delightful village museum that recounts the island's history through photographs, exhibits and live presentations.
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Extensive collection of history. Very educational. An interested adult could spend a lot of time here. My kids got bored, but that was expected. I would suggest going on a day that's not too hot to be more comfortable as most of the buildings aren't air conditioned. Definitely watch the video at the beginning of the tour...it's interesting and explains the locations you'll go through. You can tell all the volunteers have put their heart and soul into this place. Each one we encountered was so welcoming and loved telling us about things.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The Sanibel Historical Museum and Village was an enjoyable experience for me and my 18 year old son and his friend. They enjoyed it as much as I did. The opening video was helpful for an overview. The guide was pleasant and knowledgeable. Interesting details were in each building. I will go next time I am on the island.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The museum is a perfectly presented history of Sanibel and its people. Original buildings and artifacts are beautifully displayed, inviting visitors to wander and appreciate. It truly does take one a few steps back in time!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Visiting how these people planned, lived and worked was facinating. It make you appreciate how easy life is for us now.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Was a very interesting bit of history on Sanibel and a great effort to save a selection of history for all to see