“Excellent store”

Florida Underwater Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a full-service, 5 STAR Dive Center minutes from Siesta Key. Our main focus is creating outstanding underwater experiences for beginners and professionals alike. Whether you're trying SCUBA for the first time,training to be a professional, or purchasing snorkel and dive gear, Florida Underwater Sports will make sure your goals are met while maintaining the highest standards. We specialize in all things Scuba and Snorkel related and have a passion for the underwater world!
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

This is a first class dive store. The staff was super helpful and most knowledgeable. Good range of products and services that they offer and certainly most competitively priced. I would not hesitate to go back to the store and recommend them highly to other folks looking for dive equipment or services. Great job!!

2  Thank virgkwood
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Thank you for visiting us and taking the time for the review. We look forward to assisting you again in the (very) near future! Tim

All reviews
"opportunities"
"tanks"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 8 September 2016

I took the Advanced Open Water course at Florida Underwater Sports with Ben Helming! He was a great instructor and slowly went over everything we were going to do and explained everything efficiently. If I had questions he answered them all very well and went over techniques with me as many times as I needed to understand it. I felt very safe diving my deep dive with him, even though I was a little freaked out at first. I would definitely take another course with Ben and would recommend him to anyone.

2  Thank Sabrina B
fuse3, Manager at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Thanks Sabrina! We appreciate you taking AOW with us and glad you had a good time. We're looking forward to completing your Nitrox Diver class soon, and hope you stick around for some more fun dives!

Reviewed 4 September 2016

The open water diver cours at Florida Underwater Sports was the highlight of my Vacation. Before I startet the cours I was a bit scared, but after my first day of training with my capable and friendly Instructor Jason Coladner I felt much more confident. I had so much fun and can just recommend to take the class!

2  Thank deryakockaya
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

We are so glad to hear that your scuba class was rewarding and the highlight of your vacation. Continue to dive and it will be the highlight of your life!

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Hands down, the absolutely best dive shop! I started diving with Florida Underwater Sports (FUS) about 4 years ago when I earned my open water certification. About 2 years ago I decided to go for my Advanced Certification with Jason Coladner (instructor), amazing instructor. He made the entire course, even the knowledge review, fun, informative, and interesting. While performing my water skills, Jason always ensured safety and that I was comfortable with the dive challenge at hand. Fast forward two years later, and I just recently finished my DM course. Working full time M-F, Jason and the entire FUS staff took time and scheduled my course around my time (not many dive shops are willing to do that). If you have any equipment questions or needs, Chris is always there to help. I ended up buying all my Scubapro equipment through this shop. The best part was that I didn’t feel pressured, nor up-sold, on equipment that I didn’t need. Tim, Greg, and Bo, you have an unbelievable dive shop and amazing staff of instructors. Oh and by the way, I live in Tampa and drive over an hour each way just to dive with FUS. Reason why, I could not find a dive shop in the Tampa area that compares to this shop.

2  Thank tfilippello
fuse3, Owner at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Wow - we are blushing! Thanks for the great review. You are going to have fun getting out a using your new DM cert for real! Congrats! Greg

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

I've gotten my open water, advanced water, and PPB specialty here.
Very accommodating bunch and a whole lot of fun. I've even made some great friends through the shop.
My homeboy Jason is totally a character. If you want a fun (and safe) time, ask for him by name. You won't regret it!

1  Thank Darby M
fuse3, Manager at Florida Underwater Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Thanks for always making the trek down here and diving with us! We know its a bit of a commute for you ;-) Glad you are having fun with class and diving with Jason. He definitely likes to keep class interesting... We're always looking forward to the next trip and hope to see you again soon.