“Dinner at a old fish camp”
Review of Owen's Fish Camp

Owen's Fish Camp
Ranked #24 of 1,165 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Owen's Fish Camp is a very unique place to eat. It's must try when in the City of Sarasota. It's rich with history of yesterday. Owen's Fish Camp offers a variety of food to choose from. I have been many times to eat and I love the seafood dishes. Owen's back porch is very cool to hang out and have a drink. They don't take reservations whoever plan on a wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Totally charmed by both the locale and the food!!! Do Not miss out on the backyard, the house band is food for the soul.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

So glad I found this place to eat some great seafood. I had the mini lobster salad and Cobb seafood salad and it was almost unforgettable. I can actually taste the freshness in the ingredients. The bartender was very attentive, great service, and friendly. Relaxing ambiance and nice decor all around. A must visit in downtown Sarasota.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Hi,

Meet an old friend for drinks and dinner. The place is small and funky... I like funky. Parking is a pain but it's Sarasota. Food is good but portions are small and prices are high. Give the succotash a try you like it;)

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Owen's Fish Camp was one of those restaurants that my wife and I were reluctant to visit because we felt it was too young for a couple of retirees, that its food and surroundings wouldn't appeal to us. Too snobby? Well, we were dead wrong. Because they don't accept reservations for parties smaller than six, we expected to wait at peak times. So we arrived before they opened the front door. And we substituted New England clam chowder for Creole fish gumbo and pecan crusted trout for cornmeal crusted catfish and two grilled Kosher beef hot dogs for jambalaya with shrimp. Located at 516 Burns Lane in one of Sarasota's bustling restaurant areas, like Chicago's River North, Owen's Fish Camp is housed in an old cottage that reminds of a charming fish shack. I knew management was targeting more than college students when I noted deviled eggs with Redneck caviar among the appetizers. There are so many things to like, including fish and chips, pulled BBQ pork sandwich, a burger with pimento cheese, Mahi Mahi, red snapper, grouper, grilled romaine Caesar salad with fried shrimp skewer, old-fashioned apple pie with vanilla ice cream and a root beer float. Who says they aren't catering to retirees?