The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota
US$119
Hampton.com
Hotel Ranola(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$119
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sarasota I-75(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$150
US$144
HotelIndigo.com
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$96
Aloft Sarasota(Sarasota)
US$152
  • Pool
US$152
Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$93
HolidayInn.com
Gulf Beach Resort Motel(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$145
2,355 results
All reviewsbeach clubclub levellocker roomthe main hotelhotel poolturn down servicevalet staffbeautiful hotelpool staffwater viewmarina viewshuttle buslido keyshuttle servicest armands circlepool sideresort fee
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This hotel is undoubtedly lovely but serious niggles remain or indeed have got worse;

I visited with my fiancé over Spring break and paid in excess of $600 for bed and breakfast for one night plus the compulsory resort fee. The beach club was so busy that there was no where for us to sit. The restrooms by the Tiki bar are a disgrace. You’d be shocked if they were public facilities let alone those belonging to a five star hotel.

The booking was in my name with my own e mail address yet for some reason the hotel e mailed my mother who has also stayed in the hotel in advance of my stay. And her booking in July made directly with the RC on line system is in my name!

We had a lovely dinner at the beach club and asked for a taxi to be rung to return to the hotel as we had missed the hourly shuttle bus (you need half hourly shuttles during busy times guys). That request was totally beyond any of the staff at the club. Surely they should all have contact numbers for local taxi companies. Really basic stuff for a five star hotel.

Worse was to come when a member of staff forged my signature when they thought my tip for bringing a coffee and glass of orange juice wasn’t sufficient. We raised this with reception and the tip was refunded but this simply is disgraceful and criminal. I was given a $50 credit for my next visit by way of compensation.

Daily cleaning of rooms was, we noticed, still going on after 5 pm. Far too late. Nobody wants to come back to their rooms late in the afternoon to find them as they left them. And this wasn’t the turn down service.

To reiterate this night cost well in excess of $600 and the hotel should run far more smoothly than it does. To include a resort fee when at busy times the resort can’t fit you in is a cheek. Dirty restrooms, bemused staff when asked a basic question and attempts to take money from you all indicate that the five stars are no longer merited. Standards should be far higher and staff should be better trained. And the reservation system is a disaster. Senior managers need to get a real grip and fast if this hotel still wants my money.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank abbytabby_9
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear abbytabby_9,

Thank you for your recent review and comments regarding your experience at our resort and for your kind words regarding our Hotel and your dining experience at Ridley’s Porch. Though I’m delighted you enjoyed your dinner at Ridley’s Porch, I was very sorry to hear of the disappointing interactions, service discrepencies and poor impression of some of our facilities you described in your post. You are absolutely correct, this is not the luxury experience you have come to know and expect from our brand and that we strive to provide to our guests and for this I am very sorry.

Your constructive feedback is appreciated and serves as a valuable tool to improve our service delivery and you can be assured our future will be guided by your helpful observations moving forward. We are taking steps to improve in the areas you described to prevent any recurrence.

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact my office at 941-309-2001.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

A frequent visitor to Sarasota, I had always been curious about what a stay at the downtown Ritz would be like. We visited earlier this month for a 4 night stay. Overall, the property, pool area and gym are lovely and the staff members were solicitous. However, a warning to those who don't booked directly with the hotel: you will not receive equal treatment as regards room assignment. Ours was a "Jetblue Vacation package" and we were clearly assigned the worst room in the hotel. After one night and a request for a room change, we were moved across the hall. The move was certainly a step in the right direction but we were disappointed. Especially when it was quite obvious the hotel was not full (despite what the front desk staff is trained to say) The free wifi and complimentary daily newspaper appreciated. However, the mandatory $26 daily fee for valet parking (no option to self park is available) is ridiculous. Also, during our visit, there were many families with unsupervised children in the pool. We missed the option of the "adult pool" at the Lido Beach Resort.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EllieLIC
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear EllieLIC,

Thank you for your recent review and comments regarding your experience at our resort and your complimentary remarks regarding our facilities and ladies and gentlemen. We truly value your feedback as we continue to strive for excellence at our property in beautiful Sarasota. Your observations serve as a very valuable tool in determining what areas we need to improve.

I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your overall experience. Please accept my sincerest apology for the shortcomings and discrepancies described in your post. You can be assured we are taking steps to improve in the areas you described to prevent any recurrence.

Your opinion is appreciated and very important to us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back one day in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I travel extensively for work and if all hotels were as outgoing, professional, and service-oriented as this Ritz, the hospitality industry would be a better experience for all. The staff here are all fantastic--from check-in with a glass of champagne to Hans who was the bellman and oriented us to the property and amenities to the friendly people in the restaurant where I got coffee for the family every morning. At every call or interaction, they used my last name and thanked me for my Platinum Marriott status. We took the shuttle to their beach property and also drove ourselves over there. The guard at the gate thanked us for coming, recognized my Marriott status and said "welcome home" which caused my teenage daughter to chuckle about it for days. The valets who retrieved the car always asked if we needed bottles of water when they brought the car around. At the beach, there were a good number of servers who would set you up in a lounge, put the umbrella in the ground, and bring you a bucket full of water bottles. They were attentive and friendly. They'd check in throughout the day. Lunch ordered when sitting on the beach always arrived very quickly--even in the middle of spring break. Congrats to the management and staff of this hotel. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah V
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We were visiting from Orlando and have stayed in numerous Ritz properties over the years. I booked our reservation through the American Express Platinum Fine Hotels and Resorts. We stopped before arriving for lunch so felt sure that our room would be available since one of the amenities includes noon check in. The room was not available and the staff said they will call us when it becomes available which ended up being about 3:00. The check in desk was extremely slow and seemed over-whelmed.
There is only one restaurant on the property with a very limited menu. We were told the wait for dinner would be 40 minutes. They suggested ordering pizza and having it delivered from next door. The pizza arrived at our door, no plates, no cutlery. The pizza was supposed to be think crust but was so limp you could only hold up the pieces on the edges. The bedding was definitely not up to Ritz standards. Usually the pillows are so nice and there is usually a nice feather duvet. We had breakfast using our amenity. The breakfast would not be worth it if you were purchasing it. The eggs and the biscuits at the buffet were cold, the eggs Benedict was never refilled while we were there. There was no cold cereal. The restaurant staff was good but overworked. The front desk needs training.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank islandgirl355
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear islandgirl355,

First and foremost I want to thank-you for taking the time to share your constructive comments regarding your recent experience while staying at our resort. I am very sorry to hear of the disappointments you described in your post and apologize for the misunderstanding regarding what is inclusive with the American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts package you reserved and any service delays you may have experienced during this holiday period. Please forgive any inconvenience this misunderstanding with our procedures and the American Express package may have created for you.

Our apology at this time cannot undo the past but our regret is sincere and your observations are being reviewed and considered to avoid any future misunderstandings and recurrence of the instances you described.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you both back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Our room was nice but we didn't have any type of good view. We asked for an upgrade but nothing else was available.
Staff by the pool was excellent! Loved the quesadillas - seriously the best I have ever had!

Room Tip: Shuttle to beach was awesome! Breakfast at the hotel was way too expensive!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business