“Excellent Downtown Seafood!”

Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood.
Reserve with OpenTable
Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, International, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Central and Main
Description: A local eatery with a passion for stunning seafood, creative cocktails, fine wine, and service with style. Duval's uses the freshest product the market has to offer, sourcing the finest ingredients from local fisherman and farmers. Duval's offers free patron shuttle service, food delivery, and $5 Happy Hour 7 days a week.
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This was our first time to Duval's but it will now be a staple in our restaurant catalogue. They have a simple but great happy hour menu and drink list. Well worth it! Dinner was better than we expected. This was a family of 6 dinner with 2 kids and everyone had a great time and had plenty of options to chose from. On top of the excellent quality of food and preparation, our server was attentive and did a great job! Again....we will be back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,293)

Reviewed 21 July 2017

First time at Duval's but it won't be our last! Great food, ambiance and Zac was the best waiter! Can't wait to go back. The New England Clam Chowa was excellent as was the shrimp Po Boy, our friends had the Wonderful Wedge and said it and the Gazpacho were also great. Great location, on Main Street in Old Town with wonderful shopping all around. AND they will pick you up and take you home or to the theater within a certain range.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Have never been to Duval's in our many years here. Had tried several times but it was full. Now we know why. Went for my wife's birthday and will return again soon. An outstanding meal, and the service was the best thanks to Zac. We had the lobster and sweet corn appetizer, excellent. For dinner my wife had the scallops Rockefeller, mentioned she did not care for oysters so Zac substituted grilled shrimp. She loved it. I had the pork chop, ordered it medium well, but it came very well done. That was overshawdowed by the potatoes. They could have been fresh off Bourbon street, fantastic. Received a great chocolate dessert for her birthday. Had a member of management stop by during our meal. She was very friendly and pleasant. Turned out she was Zac's mother. What an incredible evening. Thanks to everyone.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

First time here. Great wine list and fairly reasonable pricing. Nice craft cocktails. The scallops Rockefeller were nicely cooked with just enough sauce on the bottom of the plate. My only complaint was very skimpy on the spinach which was unfortunate. Good size portions. Sautéed snapper was very good but maybe underseasoned. At least for me. Even the bread was fresh delicious and piping hot which was a nice surprise and shows commitment to a quality dining experience. Our server was very helpful with menu options, attentive and friendly without being intrusive. Very nice experience overall.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I found Duvall's on line when I was in the area on business. I could not have found a better spot to relax and enjoy a fresh seafood meal.
Amelia was the bartender/server and helped me go "off the menu" and get exactly the fresh seafood and the way I wanted it prepared. Cheers to her and the chef.
I have ❤️ this place on all the sites. I will be back....

Steve P, General Manager at Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood., responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Daniel R,

Thank you for taking time to write this review and thank you for dining at Duval's. We are elated that you enjoyed a 5 star experience with Amelia and we hope to see you again next time you are in the area. Thanks again for all the support!

Steve Powell