“Great Happy Hour!”

Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood.
Reserve with OpenTable
Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,101 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, International, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Central and Main
Description: A local eatery with a passion for stunning seafood, creative cocktails, fine wine, and service with style. Duval's uses the freshest product the market has to offer, sourcing the finest ingredients from local fisherman and farmers. Duval's offers free patron shuttle service, food delivery, and $5 Happy Hour 7 days a week.
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Great experience here during Happy Hour, especially with the servers Lily and Allie. They were so helpful, attentive, and personable. The mussels were delicious (make sure you dip the bread into the broth!). The outdoor seating was also great as well. Highly recommend!

Steve P, General Manager at Duval's Fresh. Local. Seafood., responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Megan M,

Thank you for the 5 star review and thank you for joining us at Duval's for Happy Hour. Lilly and Aly will be thrilled to hear of their job well done and we hope to see you again soon!

Steve Powell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

From the moment i walked in on an unusual Monday evening i was gratefully welcomed and greeted and asked by the sweetest hostess if i prefer bar or table. Then i met Emilia a charismatic bartender that prepared 2 delicious mojitos all of them with a smile on her face. Can't beat when someone enjoy what they do. Staff was engaging yet gave you plenty of space to enjoy your dinner. Blackened Ahi Tuna that deserved me requesting to extend my complements to the chef. They made my visit a pleasure and relaxing one after a long day of work which was exactly what i needed. I would definitely recommend. Superb service. Very friendly and welcoming staff and permises were very clean and in order. A MUST visit if you ever come to Sarasota.

Renato N,

Thank you for joining us at Duval's and thank you for the excellent review. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed a 5 star experience with Amelia at our bar and we hope to see you for more delicious mojitos.

Cheers!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We had a very enjoyable dinner at Duval's in downtown Sarasota as we are continually looking for another go-to restaurant in the area. Overall, it was a very nice meal. With a reservation for later on a Sat., our table for two was ready and we were seated right away. The interior reminded both of us of a typical NYC restaurant. Not cramped, but rather small with tables close together. As a result, sound level was moderate due to conversations from other tables, but nowhere near a problem level.

The food was very good and the service was outstanding. My wife is a small eater and ordered the shrimp/crab cake combo as an entree. I ordered the fresh catch red snapper. Both were very good. The best however was the calamari appetiser, which was truly outstanding.

They have an impressive wine list, though we just had cocktails. It's a very good restaurant - a nice night out and a far cry from most of the touristy spots around. We plan on going back when we have visiting friends next month.

HBeachTraveler,

Thank you for dining at Duval's and thank you for taking time to write this review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your dinner and service (especially the calamari) during your visit and we look forward to seeing you next month!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

This was my second visit to Duval's for lunch with a friend and I was a little hesitant to try it again as my first visit's meal was not all that great, but am glad I gave it another try as the food this time was really good. I had the blackened shrimp Po Boy sandwich and wedge salad. The shrimp were seasoned perfectly and were decent sized. I sampled my friend's black bean soup which was also excellent, should have taken some soup to go. ;) Staff are very friendly and Pam, the manager, made sure we had everything we needed.

Mel W,

Thank you for joining us for lunch at Duval's and thank you for taking time to write a review. We are elated that you were willing to give us another chance and try one of our award winning po' boys! I will pass along your kind words to Pam and our staff and we hope to see you for many more to come.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Been there twice in about 3 weeks (I'm from CA, in Sarasota on extended business). Had the bouillabaisse both times. That should say something, I would think?

It comes with mussels, fish, half a lobster tail (scallops too? Not sure). The sauce is tomato-ey and rich. Fairly thick, not really soupy. 2 slices of garlic toast. $34.

Also had a glass of red wine, pinot noir.

The bill was $46, I left $55 to include tip. So, pretty fair price for a quality meal.

Duval's is on Main Street, downtown. Bars and music venues are on that street, so when you are done with dinner you can stroll to within a block or two.

Robert H,

Thank you for joining us at Duval's during your visit to Sarasota and thank you for the great review. Our bouillabaisse is definitely a crowd favorite and we are thrilled that you were able to enjoy it... Twice! We very much look forward to seeing you again next time you visit our beautiful city.