“Yummy ice cream and Nice People!”
Review of The Orange Octopus

The Orange Octopus
Ranked #2 of 48 Dessert in Sarasota
Dining options: After-hours
Description: This old fashioned, family owned coffee and ice cream shop is located in Captain Curt's Village a few hundred yards south of the Stickney point (south bridge). It is beside the bike and kayak rental shop. They are super friendly and have a gourmet coffee bar, 24 flavors of hand churned, homemade ice cream. It is my favorite local coffee shop! I've never left disappointed.
Reviewed 26 January 2017

Always go for ice cream with the kiddos, but also get quartz to go when having dinner party. Always a treat and a big hit. I call ahead and they have it ready to go. Very nice people work there!!

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Good selection of flavors with friendly and efficient service. Located in a small strip mall within walking distance of resorts and condos. Basic but ample sitting area. Not much for ambience but the ice cream was good. We would return and recommend it to others looking for a simple treat.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

If you take a trip to the beach, odds are you will get ice cream at some point. I recommend Orange Octopus. They use fresh ingredients and invented some flavors I've never seen before (Kentucky Honey Bourbon - for example). My wife and I really enjoyed our selections. The staff was friendly and inviting too. Check them out

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

This is a must (several times) during our stays in Siesta Key! Delicious, homemade ice cream, friendly staff, and perfect end to any night!

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Homemade ice cream and some unusual flavors made the choice for a milkshake flavor difficult to choose. A great place for the ice cream lover!