“Fantastic Food”
Review of Bijou Cafe

Bijou Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Bijou Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 1,180 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pineapple Ave
Transit: We are 2 blocks west of the main bus terminal.
Description: Fine dining in the heart of Sarasota's theatre and arts district since 1986. We are proud to offer a seasonal menu with an emphasis on fresh local produce and sustainable, abundant seafood.
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal here. Attentive service and easy location... will go again. The prix Fixe menu was excellent, which great choices. My very much enjoyed the profiteroles.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

I have been coming here for years. It seems to always be getting better each time I come back. Escargot and PEI Mussels was my dinner last night. Yes, and a few glasses of a nice French Chardonnay. Profiteroles for desert. It doesn't get any better than this!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

The Bijou Cafe always delivers great food and great service and we always reserve a table in the bar, especially for intimate dinners together, or with another couple. In the off season, better restaurants in Sarasota offer a promotion of appetizer, entree and dessert at a special price. I had the special and my wife shared my appetizer and dessert, and chose the pepper steak from the regular menu, a New York strip with a lively peppercorn sauce. I selected escargot as my appetizer, mussels for my entree and profiteroles for dessert. We each had an excellent glass of wine, Chenin Voignier for her and Zinfandel for me. Everything was wonderful. The Bijou never disappoints.

JPSarasotafla, Owner at Bijou Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thanks so much! We always try our best to make a Bijou visit a memorable occasion. And with our Summer Prix Fixe menu it makes it a great value as well!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

this is one of my 'go to' restaurants. It's a favorite because i can take clients/friends and business associates here, and we can actually talk and hear each other. The wait staff is ALWAYS excellent, in my years of going here I've always been treated warmly and very well. I'm not a regular, but they treat you like you are! The menu is small but mighty and unique really. VERY interesting combinations with quality ingredients...that's quite obvious. I'm not one to over order, yet, i always have a little something to take with me to snack on later, so the proportions are good as well! This could be a great romantic 'night out' place, or a i want to make a great impression lunch place. i can guarantee you will be very happy you stopped here, these folks know how to make return customers out of everyone!

JPSarasotafla, Owner at Bijou Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Well thank you very much sir for an outstanding review. Indeed, after 32 years of catering to the fine folks of Sarasota we have learned a thing or two about satisfying our guests!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Delightful staff and delicious food, in downtown SRQ! Perfect for: date night, special occasions, dining before a show, families as well as business meals. They have something for everyone on their menu - foodie haven!

JPSarasotafla, Owner at Bijou Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you SRQ Beach, we very much appreciate the kind words. We are so grateful to our professional staff and loyal customers who have supported us for 32 years in the heart of Downtown Sarasota!