“Authentic Italian Cooking”
Review of Cafe Baci

Cafe Baci
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Baci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bee Ridge and Tamiami Trail
Description: At Café Baci, we strive to perfectly recreate the full Italian experience. From the moment you walk through our door, you sense the difference and you feel the culture. The atmosphere here is enchanting and peaceful, the Italian cuisine reminiscent of that created by some of the greatest Italian Chefs. Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment. Buon appetito!
Reviewed 14 March 2012

When there was a long wait at a nearby restaurant, we simply walked over to "Cafe Baci." It turned out to be the best Italian food we have eaten. In particular, my husband, who can easily recognize home-made noodles and home-made sauce, was ecstatic over his meal. The veal parmigiana was thin and moist and tender, the best he has ever eaten. The decor was cosy European.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Nice ambience, very friendly service and excellent food at affordable prices. After being seated the staff brings a wonderful FREE antipasto to start the meal- we had 4 different dishes with only accolades for taste and presentation

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Beautiful ambiance...classy proprieter...good food...good service..nothing wanting in a mid-priced good Italian restaurant..Whatever you choose on the menu is probably the best or close to the best you ever tasted...Great for a party with class.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I can't write anything bad about the food, it was awesome. Some small subtleties that, even though minor, should not be experienced in this type of restaurant. My friend and I went and the first thing that bothered me....one server was walking around placing bud vases on all the tables All the tables around us, but not at ours. Our waiter was adequate, but also missed the mark on a few things. HE asked if we wanted lemon with our water, yes,we did. Then he brought my wine and water, no lemon, OK. I asked nicely for the lemon. We didn't get it until our entrees arrived., after I asked a third time. We sat all through dinner without him returning to ask how the food was until he asked about desert. Staff should always ask early into the meal, because if something is wrong, it can be corrected. It was not busy and those small things stopped me from giving it five stars.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

What a pleasure it is dining here. Management has developed a well lubed machine with a most pleasant and efficient staff. From the moment we walked through the door we were greeted and served by at least six staff members who all were most proficient. And may I say they all seemed genuinly happy to be working here and serving us. What a nice departure from some of the other tourist trap restaurants we have been at here in Sarasota.
As if the employees professional attitude was not enough, the food was outstanding. Little nuances such as the delicious dipping sauce, fresh baked breadsticks, antipasta, showed why this restaurant always gets high reviews. We started with Pasta Fagiole which was deliciuos. I asked for a dish that is normally not on the dinner menu, chicken francese, and the chef was more then happy to accomodate me. Anne had the Veal Saltimbocca which was huge and also delicious. The sides of pasta, green beans and roasted potatoes were cooked exactly as they should be. We finished with an after dinner drink of Sambuca which had coffee beans floating for flavor. The entire meal was a medley of flavors which left us completely satisfied and we can not wait to return. Note however that it may seem pricey for some, but rest assured it will be a memorable experience.