“Fresh and expertly prepared seafood”

Off the Hook Seafood Co
Ranked #92 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "where Only The Freshest Fish Arrive, To Be Dined Upon"
Reviewed 10 March 2017

My husband and I dined at Off the Hook with a friend and we were all delighted. They offered several choices of fresh fish, and you select how it is prepared from about 12 options. We each tried a different preparation and they were all excellent.

We chose the option for a $24 bottle of wine (priced as such with 2 or more entrees). It was a nice wine for the price.

We did wait a while for our entrees to arrive but the atmosphere was comfortable, and we had some tasty rolls while we waited.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Sat at the bar, waited a long time for service, I understand being busy, I work in a restaurant!
U need a second bar tender
But it was horrible, even when he was out of the weed he was not good

2  Thank Eastendchic
ArtieSRQ, Guest Relations Manager at Off the Hook Seafood Co, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

I am so sorry to hear of this. There was staffing issues that happened but we have corrected. I hope we can earn back your trust in the future. Please ask for Wes and I can assure you of a better experience.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Off the Hook has been are go to restaurant for the past 3 years, however this year there is something different. My usual mussels were mediocre at best and fish dishes that were always excellent - just ok. Please.....we need you to be better!

2  Thank keuka48

This is the first we are hearing this and are concerned. Could you please consier discussing this with Wes? He would want to know.
Thank you.
Aryie

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Had dinner there again tonight and it was delicious. It's my favorite spot in Sarasota for calamari. Others in our party were equally pleased. Only downfall is the noise level. Not enough in the interior design to absorb the various sounds.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

After hearing several people rave about Off the Hook, I was looking forward to its offerings of fresh fish paired with my selection from their various presentations. I knew I would rely heavily on the waiter. I'd heard how knowledgeable the wait staff was in helping to guide
selections. Our waiter must have been new as he kept having to ask others for answers to our questions. My entre arrived after everyone at our table had eaten. Others' pairings of fish with suggested presentations were ordinary at best and the wine recommendation was just mediocre.
I doubt if any of us would want to return.

2  Thank mommn_11
ArtieSRQ, Manager at Off the Hook Seafood Co, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2017

I am so sorry as we are currently in re evaluating our staff and updating our training process. This is not an excuse but just letting you know we are aware and have every intention of resolving this matter. I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and earn back your trust. Please as for Wes or Nick and I can assure you the very best dining expierience possible.
Thank you.