US$229
US$209
US$362
US$299
Travelocity
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Miramar Beach)(Great Value!)
US$170
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I took a three day trip alone to the beautiful town of Seaside. Staying at the Motorcourt Inn was the best fit for my solo stay and budget. The folks at Cottage Rental Agency were wonderful to work with, I was able to get i my room a few hours early! The room was small, yet comfortable for me and my short stay. It smelled very clean and seemed clean, it has some wear and showing it's age. A new shower rod and lamp shade would help the to spruce it up... It was close to everything and I felt very safe staying there! The outside door had a large clear glass window that seemed a bit spooky for a woman staying alone, I had to give a lot of faith to the outer shutter door with the hook & latch...I plan to visit again and will take a small sheet to throw over that window...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank AmyS9
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed at Seaside Motor Court June 2012. I loved the location. You are in walking distance to the beach, pools, and eating places. The size of the room is small, especially the bathroom, but had everything we needed. We enjoyed sitting outside on the patio drinking the compliment, bottle of wine we got with check in. Some of the fabrics looked as if they needed replacing, but the room was very clean. We really enjoyed the adult pool. Check in staff need to be friendlier and more approachable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Birdlegs52
Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

The room itself was quirky and cool, done in the style of a 50s motel. Very clean room with modern amenities, in a central location in town, but kind of tucked away in a parking lot with a huge mound of garbage bags just outside. The room rate was unjustified, but still the least expensive in an overpriced town. Overall, we enjoyed our one night stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank VelvetCrush12
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

Despite what pretentious "paobar" says, these rooms are beyond adequate for the price you pay. It's a little tight, but if you're looking for space, then you're going to fork out a little more cash. The Motorcourt rooms are in an excellent location--directly across the street from the beach, a 2-minute walk from the main circle in Seaside--and are excellent for a couple's getaway (unless, of course, you're looking for an extravagantly luxurious and accommodating-to-every-minor-preference room, in which case you should look across the street).
The retro feel to the room adds to the fun and the romance of the place--a potentially great honeymoon getaway, or a great dude trip with plenty of room on the floor for sleeping bags, etc.

• Stayed: June 2011
5  Thank williedunnam
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We were disappointed by our Motorcourt cottage. We had originally chosen #3 and got a phone call a few days before arriving to let us know they had to move us to another one due to mechanical issues in the one we had originally selected.
Upon arrival we were faced with several issues.
1- The room had a serious moldy smell. Very strong and constant, despite air circulation with door open and fans on. My husband's allergies were thru the roof while in the room.
2- The bathroom (of which you cannot see ANY pictures on the website) is EXTREMELY small. The toilet is practically on the shower and there are 3 steps up to get to the bathroom door. The final step is literally the toilet.
3- Even though the room appeared to be throughly cleaned, the bed cover had some stains, and one of the robes in the entry closet was used and had not been replaced. After confronting the 'room inspector' the next morning she said she would replace them. Never happened. They took both robes and we never got any after that.
4- We had to call for cleaning service the first day....it was 3:30pm and nobody had come to clean the room. Had to call and a man showed up at the door 10 minutes to 4pm saying "you requested maid service"??? Huh??? It wasn't a request...it was included in my rate.
5- They had a seaside bag that they give away with mugs and some other things. The bag was very dirty and come to find out as I was washing them before use that I cut my finger with the bottom tip of a screw! The mugs have a screw at the bottom and it when in too far and pierced the inside of the mug. WOW.
6- The price paid for this is definitely not adequate for what you get...not to mention the fact (as other reviewers do) that the bed is sideways and one person has to crawl over the other to get out of the bed...there are no 'usable' night tables, light definitely lacks and the AC didn't seem to cool enough.
Seaside is a beautiful place, the location is phenomenal and the places to eat and shop and superb...BUT...Seaside is NOT the only property along 30A, there are soooo many more to consider that for the money we paid, I'm sure we'll find something better next time.

Room Tip: if staying in seaside, avoid motor courts! that moldy smell, aside from being uncomfortable is not good for anyone's health.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple