Oyster Pointe & Oyster Bay Resort
Hotels.com
US$110
Sandrift Motel(Sebastian)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Blue View Inn(Melbourne Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsoystersacross the streetthe indian rivermotor boatwithin walking distancehot tubsquid lipsliving roomwhole weekbasketball courtfamily vacationmaintained groundsshuffle boardeasy access to restaurantsrelaxing weekfamily atmospherepots and pans
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We go here every year. It's a quiet little place with generally good views of the sunset. Very small units, 2 bedroom, one bath, no dishwasher. I think there is a pay washer and dryer by the back parking area. There are plenty of grills by the pool to grill out. The pool is always clean and a welcome retreat after a day out on the boat. Just a quiet little place off the beaten path, but one of my favorites.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank dreamweaver56
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in unit 111, the first unit in Oyster Point by the office. The first night we were surprised by the frequent trains across the street and road noise. I think units farther from the road may be less affected. I just popped in ear plugs. We did not have any bug issues. The kitchen was updated but the showerhead and most of tge bathroom had to be original. Mattresses were not great, and you could tell they tried with the decor. The outside area was quite nice, it felt much more upscale than the unit. The pool was nice with long hours. We did see a couple with a dog, even after all the warnings otherwise. There were some other rules that seemed a bit much, like no drinks in the pool area that it seemed everyone just ignored.

You can't beat the location for closeness to restaurants and the water. We loved Squid Lips. Had a lot of luck fishing in the area. May come back, or we may try somewhere else. I guess our overall review is just OK

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We have been owners here for several years and really enjoy it. It is not far from just about anything you want to do but the town is very quaint and inviting. The resort is across the street from Captain Hirams which is a good sand bar. They do have live music every weekend. The sound does travel across the street into the resort but is not unbearable. In fact if you would rather sit on your deck or chill out in the pool and enjoy your own beverage while taking advantage of their entertainment, it works out perfect. If not go inside and watch television. The staff are always very welcoming and ready to do what is needed to make your stay enjoyable. If you're looking for the craziness of an over rated and over priced commercial resort, this is NOT it. If your looking for a nice, clean family atmosphere where you can actually enjoy a family vacation and not go broke, Here it is. I have read where people say there is nothing to do here. You need to walk off the property. There are plenty of things to do every day within walking distance or a short drive.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

First let me begin by saying that we are not RCI owners, we were staying as guests of an owner. RCI really needs to rethink their name connected to this property. We arrived on Saturday before the office closed for the weekend, we were given keys to 14b. The outdoor property is small but clean, the villa however was another story. We walked in to a time warp, old stained furniture and the heavy smell of what I can only describe as febreze. The unit was clearly not cleaned. No dishwasher in the kitchen, sticky counters and a very noticable black bug trap on the floor! That should have given me a clue. I reached behind the end table to plug my cell phone charger in and saw at least 3 inches if dust on the molding. The unit holds 6 people, they gave us 4 pool towels and there are strict rules about when and where to exchange them for clean ones (business hours only, we arrived on Saturday, we were expected to share them until the office opened on Monday) The bedrooms had clean linens and the mattresses were clean, but the furniture in a college dorm room was probably nicer. Bedframes were pushed up against the wall in the master, the 2 twin beds in the second bedroom were pushed up against shelves that were made of particle board and bolted to the wall. I could handle that but the stains on the arm chair and couch were just disgusting. I didn't even want the kids sitting on it. The first night was fine, we awoke next morning and my son put a bagel in the toaster, and saw a live ROACH near the toaster, we killed it and immediately called the after hours maintenance. This was not a "Florida palmetto bug" this was a roach. About 30 mins later John comes to our door and did indeed identify it. He had keys to move us to 5b across the way and his exact words were "this unit has a history of roaches and has been sprayed several times, I don't know why they rented it to you" We had to pack up everything we brought plus a refrigerator and freezer fill of groceries and move across the resort. Upon entry to 5b I immediately inspected the unit. It was cleaner than the first but had not been vacuumed. Old tissue on the floor in the second bedroom, when I looked closer I could see tiny ants all over the carpet. They were also in the bathroom and crawling in and out of the kitchen sink. I called John back, who came up with a chemical insect spray and proceeded to spray it all over the bedroom floor, there was no way we were allowing our kids to sleep in that room. We immediately packed up and told John we weren't staying. He offered to put us in the "cement buildings" in the other side but we'd have to check out on Friday and move yet again! No, thanks 2 units with bugs and dirt were enough for me. We left a message that we were leaving and packed up and drove out of town to nearby family in Florida. Where we salvaged the rest of our week, bug free in clean conditions. On Monday morning I get a phone call from Pam who tells me she would like to be "proactive" in helping us find a solution. Proactive would have been to call me on Sunday. She told me she was fully aware of what had happened, yet she waited until Monday to call and help us find a solution. I told her that we were not coming back, so she was basically done with me. I also told her I would be contacting RCI to let them know what the conditions were at the property. Her response because I was a guest not an owner was "good luck". You work hard for your vacations, don't waste your money here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Allison L
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Once again Oyster Bay did not disappoint. The resort continues to improve and it's always fun to take the boats out to watch the Dolphins and feed the fish. We visited the Inlet State park this year and had a great time at the inlet. Manatees swam right up to us and just wanted to hang out with us. Looking forward to our next trip to Oyster Bay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family