“Sweet discovery”
Review of Point of Rocks

Ranked #7 of 30 things to do in Siesta Key
More attraction details
Owner description: This rare geologic feature is a great place to view birds and marine wildlife, and it is also next to a scenic beach.
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Point of Rocks was a great find for my husband and I. It was unlike most of the shorelines I have visited in Florida. I don't recommend swimming, but I did see people snorkeling and lots of fishing along this rocky stretch. Check out the pictures.

7  Thank 10aseegal
in 9 reviews
"waves"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 5 August 2010

Point of Rocks is at the southern end of Crescent Beach, next to the 'wall'. To get there you have to get in the water, walk to the wall, climb up the wall, walk a bit further, walk down some steps and you are there. It's a stretch of beach with lots of shells and some amazing rock formations in the water. Private properties sit on the other side of the beach. Do not trespass.

This place is excellent if you're into shelling, fishing, snorkeling, or want to take a break from swimming and/or sunbathing for an hour or so. It's not a place for swimming, and not a place for the very young. Getting to the wall is challenging particularly if the tide is high or if the waves are rough.

There are lots of shells on the beach and as one reviewer has noted, the shells can be a bit hard on your feet. We found that out on the 1st day. We wore sandals the next day, and the day after that, and that was definitely the way to go.

We loved Point of Rocks. We collected some great sea shells and it was a nice place to visit for an hour or so whenever we wanted a break from swimming and/or sunbathing!

14  Thank Samtoh
Reviewed 25 June 2010

My husband went snorkeling in this area and found some great fish and some large seashells. Definitely worth visiting while in Siesta Key.

2  Thank richdeblove
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I think if you want to visit this site, you have to be a guest at one of the condos to get to it. There is no public parking anywhere around. We even took our bikes along the way but it is very difficult to get to. We spent half a day trying to get to it and never saw it. If this is on your itinerary, consider staying at the resorts in front of it, otherwise you will have a hard time getting to the Point-of-Rocks.

6  Thank raisinette
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 January 2010

In a little shallow pool of water, among the rocks, I spied a beautiful sea creature (a tiny baby manta ray, about 3 inches long). Tide was out. Using a little stick of smooth drift wood, I attempted to turn it over to see the underside, and make sure it was alive. I was preparing to get it to deeper water if it seemed dehydrated. To my great surprise, the underside had these words on it: 'Made in China'. My friend and I howled with laughter, and caused quite a stir on the beach. This was one treasure I could bring home to Ontario with me, and to this day, my Grandsons beg me to "Tell us the story again, Grandma !" A couple of days later, we saw real full grown rays swimming along the shore. The comment was,"Maybe they're looking for their baby!" True story, I promise.

11  Thank OntarioMario