All reviews grand tower gulf side bayside pool the kitchen hot tub extra blankets across the street living room fitness center covered parking condo unit next year beach front literally steps free shuttle a wonderful vacation beach towels
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2013

After alot of research we were lucky enough to choose and stay in unit 022 Grand tower with a fabulous Gulf view. Condo was even better than we could have hoped for. Updated with everything we needed,even an umbrella to use on the beach. Check in was a breeze, staff was attentive and pleasent but we needed nothing. Never used the pool or work out facilities Used the free ride service for a visit to Siesta Village. Had a blast. The most relaxing vacation either of us has ever had and we would definitely go back again!“

Room tip: Spend the extra to stay in the tower.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike M
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Relaxation is what you come for, so we are glad we were able to provide just that. Unit 022 was recently purchased and completely remodeled. The owners really wanted their guests to enjoy their unit and I am sure they will love reading your review.
The free shuttle to the village is semi-new and seems to be a huge hit. The guests enjoy not having to walk (or pay) to go have some food or do some shopping or even just enjoy the weather on a nice walk.
We look forward to having you back again soon! Hopefully next time you will find time to enjoy one of our two pools. The Bayside is very relaxing with a serene view of the Intercostal Waterway.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Amazing unit 092 beautifully remodeled with amazing view.

The Unit is a one Bed with great kitchen living room and sitting room

The view was amazing ( would love to own that view)

We had friends staying in other units and found that it is important to pick the right unit they are all individually owned and some have not been updated for 20+ years

Long walk the village but we found the island has free taxis just tip the driver

Room tip: Unit 092 in the tower was very good look at the pictures on the website and make sure you get a updated room
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

The tower gulf front units all have amazing views. The owners of 092 have done a lovely job updating their unit. The fact that it is on the 9th floor, makes the unit that much more excellent. Each unit is individually owned, so the updating and décor does differ with each unit. This is one reason we have photos of each individual unit, and we update them whenever the owner informs us they have done upgrades.
The village is approximately a mile and a half away, but there are plenty f the free taxi’s that will shuttle you anywhere on the key. Of course, they enjoy their tips.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Arrived after 5pm, so had no issue's with the security giving keys and minimal instructions. Rental was exactly as advertised, Tower #65, with the exception of the unusable patio area. It is open to parking area, no problem, the problem is there are several loud fans blowing next to the parking area, and even on the sixth floor it makes it impossible to hear conversations, so makes the patio useless except to hang up wet clothes and equipment, goodbye morning coffee with the sunrise. I have had bad experiences before, so the first thing I do when I arrive is look at the bed sheets. Both queen sheets had stains on them in the same spots, gross... I then looked at the towels and found a long black hair in one of the bath towels, gross again. The next day I went to the front desk and the response was "that is odd" and we will send clean sheets. As I was changing the sheets, I also noticed a faint red hue to the sheets, so these sheets were either used or are so old that they do not come clean during laundering. The "heated" pool was anything but, I saw at least 8 people get in, say its cold, get out within 5 minutes. The womens sauna did not work and had a large hole in the ceiling.

Was relaxing in the early afternoon on day 2, heard a knock at the door, and before I could get there, someone was trying to get in, but I had the deadbolt locked. When I opened it, it was a pleasant maintenance man who said he was there to do a yearly A/C service, was curious why they could not schedule that when the unit was empty.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JenM201108

I am sorry to hear your visit to the Palm Bay Club wasn’t all you had hoped it would be; especially since you found our property via TripAdvisor. I believe the fans you are referring to are part of the cooling system which is how the AC units run. Unit 065 is a very nice updated unit and this is the first I have heard regarding the unusable patio due to the noise.
Housekeeping is done onsite and our laundry staff takes great pride in making sure there are no stains on the sheets. We are constantly ordering new linen as we do recycle the linen if it is stained. I am surprised you had a problem with the first set and even more surprised to hear your second set was the same.
Our pools are kept at 84 degrees and our hot tub is set at 104 degrees year round, which is normal for most Florida establishments. Unfortunately, our women’s sauna is shut down due to an electrical issue and we are working on a permanent fix.
Our A/C service company, Badger Bob’s Services, does do a bi-annual preventative maintenance on all AC units. Typically, we do schedule these to be done when the unit is empty. Many of our units are so popular that the service must be done while occupied, however they should have informed you before they scheduled the service.
I will bring all your issues up at our next management meeting and I hope you will return to the Palm Bay Club again.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

This was my second stay at PBC. My first stay was wonderful - my second stay was marred by roaches. I stayed in Unit 312 in the Bayside Condos and discovered it was infested with cockroaches. When I checked into my unit I found 4 dead cockroaces - one of which I found in a kitchen cabinet. When I went to the front desk and told them what I found, there was indifference on the part of the person behind the desk. She told me that someone should have checked the unit before I checked in. Well, I don't understand how you could have missed the 2 dead cockroaches on the bathroom floor. They were clear as day. Over the next 3 days, I found another 3 live roaches. I went back to the desk to report this Saturday and was told "the units were exterminated recently and so there must be a nest" Great...just what I want to hear. There's a nest somewhere and I can expect more roaches. BTW...the roaches in FL are much bigger than the ones in NJ. They are huge. They did send a maintenance guy to put traps in the unit but by that time the damage had been done. I was completely unnerved. On the morning I was to leave I found another roach in the bathtub. By that point, I'd had enough and couldn't get out of there fast enough. I will never return there. I hope this is an isolated experience. However knowing roaches and their behavior, I suspect that other units around me were infested as well.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank cat1980_13
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

I am sorry to hear your 2nd visit to our property was not as wonderful as your first.
I will most definitely call Pest Control to address the roaches. We do have a contract with a pest control property and they do inspect and spray on a monthly basis. Please be advised that they are very common in Florida, and are normally referred to as “Palmetto Bugs”.
I hope you will give our property another change seeing as your first experience here was nothing like the second.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

The web site shows a much different view of Palm Bay Club than what you actually experience. This resorts needs a sorely needed update. Also, one of the pools is in the parking lot! It looks like an apartment-condo conversion (not sure if it is, but it looks like it). The staff is not very friendly and offered no help whatsoever. The toilet seat in the master bath was not even attached to the toilet and we had to call twice to get someone to fix it. We called to have the sliding door to the balcony fixed and after 4 days no one ever showed up to fix it. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with few furniture pieces actually matching and some of the furniture very outdated and scratched- a little tacky. We were also told by other guests that the week before our stay there were 15 people staying in our unit - which could explain things being broken. Have been to many resorts of this type and would not recommend PBC.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank LimaB
Shawna F, Manager at The Palm Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

I am sorry to hear your recent stay at the Palm Bay Club was less than impressive.

Each unit is inspected upon arrival and departure of each guest so I am surprised that both the toilet seat and sliding door were not caught upon this inspection. Even further, I am sorry that they were not immediately repaired when you called to inform us.

Customer service and efficiency is something we do everything in our power to excel in, so I am disappointed to hear you were not satisfied.

I hope you will give the Palm Bay Club second chance in the future.