“Bland food. ”

The Steakhouse in Starke
Ranked #25 of 37 Restaurants in Starke
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on way back north. Food was very bland. And 29 dollars for 2 buffets and 2 drinks. Horrible food. And I work at a buffet restraunt. So believe me it was bad. Wait staff very nice.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Neat place to stop if you are driving down the spine of the state. Wasn't the best steak I've ever had but had a good dinner at a great value.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I cannot actually believe that this restaurant, which has been in STARKE for years, is NOT LISTED in the TRIPADVISOR or on its map!!!!!
I have been going to this place for ELEVEN YEARS and I am positive I have reviewed it before!
This is a landmark in this town and treats the locals to some very serious down south BBQ cuisine with a massive selection of all-you-can-eat buffet items (I think $8.99). This was the first place I had collard greens and I have not had any better in my travels throughout the south and the USA over these past eleven years.
This is a "family" restaurant which does not serve alcohol but their sweet tea is great and comes in a pitcher to wash all the fabulous food down. You can also order off the menu board as you come in and they offer a selection of steaks. I had a perfect and juicy sirloin tip and a side of collard greens (as much as you can eat from the buffet...I managed two good bowls!!!) and with a drink it was about $15.00.
The only negative I can say is about the restrooms. They have seen some better days and could use some serious modernization.

2  Thank Doug W