All reviewsbj's restaurantfront deskawesome hotelshort driveflorida state universitystaff was friendlycomplimentary breakfastgreat place to stayfitness roombusiness tripexcellent stayeasy accessfsu campusconvenient locationfootball gameup to dateclean rooms
Reviewed 27 July 2015

There are some wonderful employees working at the front desk at this property, and they are the best front desk clerks of any of the HGI's that I've stayed. I checked in after a late flight on Thursday, and the two guys manning the desk both had a great sense of humor, and that's just what I needed after a long flight delay. I got there so late that there were no Diamond upgrades available, and they were kind enough to tell me to come early the next morning, and they would get me a larger room as an upgrade. Then there was another front desk clerk working the late shift the other nights of my stay, and when I would return from work, he would greet me with a smile and a kind word. Much appreciated.

Then there was the housekeeper for the 5th floor. She was THE BEST housekeeper ever. On my second day, the hotel had forgotton something, and this housekeeper got on her cell phone and called her boss, and almost immediately it was taken care of. I have never given a "tip" to a housekeeper, but I did in this case because of the spectacular job she does. :)

Now for a couple things that could use improvement. The mattresses are nearing the end of their usefullness, and sag in the middle. Then the restaruant needs some changes. First night I ordered room service, and at other HGI's the food is usually excellent. An hour passed and finally it arrived: COLD. She took it back, and I went to eat at a fast food place across the street. Then comes the next morning and I go to use the breakfast buffet. There was only one girl working and she seemed overwhelmed. I attempted to give her an order, and she said I had to wait as she had others in front of me. I went to the stuff that you can get without making an order, but the fruit was about non existent, the OJ caraff only had enough juice to fill 1/4 of the glass. Yogurt was down to just blueberry flavored. There was no tongs to pick up the bagels and english muffins. Then I had to ask for a knife to split it with because they don't have a bagel splitter. I ate the bagel and the little bit of OJ that I nursed out of the caraff, and waited for her to come take my order to get something to eat. She never did take my order, so I couldn't wait any longer, and picked up something on the way to work. I might suggest a new restaruant manager is in order.

I will return on my next visit to Tallahassee, but will steer clear of the hotel food options.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Great central location to the city, shopping and plenty of restaurants nearby. Room was decent/average. The business center was out of ink, for my entire 5 days stay (extremely disappointing). When the front desk was informed, I was told there is no ink in the hotel for the business center (not the best thing for a Diamond member to here - or any guest for that matter). Outside of this, the staff was very pleasant and professional.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed 23 July 2015

Stayed here on a overnight business trip to Tallahassee. Located in a very nice area of the city. Decent places to eat close by although the two closest Starbucks don't open early in the morning...The people working here were very pleasant young adults, likely local college students. Nice looking property and decent clean rooms. The negative was I woke up and had no hot water in my room, called the front desk and the stated they were aware of the problem and working on getting it fixed. I had to shower and shave for my meeting using cold water, brrrr...Another issue was my king size bed felt like the middle was semi-collapsed, I called the desk and they apologized and advised me to rotate the bed dial. I tried that but it just free spun and didn't seem to change anything. I woke up with a sore stiff neck. When checking out I again mentioned the issues to the desk.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We checked out lots of places around Tallahassee for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner and settled on the Hilton Garden Inn Central, off Blairstone Road and were very happy with our choice. We were treated super nicely by everyone from sales staff to front desk personnel and management. Whereas a couple hotels offered catered BBQ and similar fare, this hotel had a selection of cooked on site meals available. We were delighted when they made a sampler meal for the approval of my wife, our son (the groom) and me. The room was perfectly set up several hours before the event and the meal was executed perfectly, delicious and well presented. One of the off duty front desk clerks and the general manager even assisted another staff member in serving the meal. The space where the dinner was held comfortably sat 40 though I do not recommend trying to squeeze in many more. There are more elaborate locations in town such as the University Club or Mission San Luis but the prices are astronomical. The Hilton Garden Inn was both reasonable and pleasant. We also received good comments from out of town guests who stayed at the hotel. It is my impression that many people don't think about this hotel for similar events which is a shame.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SilverStar092
Reviewed 16 July 2015

I was born and raised in Tallahassee, FL. When my husband and I travel back home the Hilton Garden Inn is always our place of choice during our stay. I traveled to Tallahassee, FL on July 2, 2015 and when I arrived at the hotel the staff could not be more fabulous. The front desk clerk greeted me and even remembered who I was from my previous stays and so did the fine gentleman who takes care of breakfast in the mornings. He is truly wonderful, upbeat and a true asset to the hotel. He attended to my every need and everyone else who was having breakfast in the morning. My room was nice and clean each day and Dorothy was just fabulous! She was in the hall and I asked her for some specific items, and of course she delivered. Now, what really impressed me was the desk clerk who was there in the afternoon, his name is Dylan. I was hoping the Hilton would start offering a shuttle service to and from the airport. I mentioned to Dylan that I needed to reserve a taxi for a pickup at 4:30 a.m. on the morning of Monday, July 6, 2015. Dylan was so nice and he stated that they had not started a shuttle service just yet, but if I would like he would come and pick me up and take me to the airport. I have never had anyone at any hotel offer me this type of "outstanding" service. He was truly going above and beyond regarding his duties. I asked him did he have to work that morning and he said no, but he would get up and come in to take me to the airport. He is truly a wonderful young man and an asset to Hilton. I told him I really appreciated his kind gesture, but I could not bring myself to have him get up that early in the morning just to take me to the airport. He did exchange cell phone numbers with me and told me to give him a call if I changed my mind. I told him no, please schedule a car to pick me up and he was so kind and did so. I love this hotel and you could not pay me to go to any other hotel during my stays in Tallahassee, FL. Now, I do indeed stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Tallahassee, FL when my husband travels with me, because he is one of those snoring people and we need that door and that extra room. :-) Hilton thank you so much for your wonderful staff, your excellent facilities and the breakfast could not be better. We love Hilton and we will be members for life. I will be there to see you guys again at Thanksgiving. Take care and be blessed always.

Room Tip: Higher floors are always nice and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo