Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
US$114
US$164
US$147
Home2.com
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$93
BestWestern.com
US$113
US$108
Candlewood Suites Tallahassee(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$134
US$124
SpringHill Suites
1,663 results
All reviewscookiesjohn kellydouble treeparking garagefront deskrestaurant staffheart of downtownfsu campuswithin walking distancebreakfast buffetcapitol buildingflorida state universitybusiness tripthe entire staffjacobslobbyvalet
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Stayed there from Friday 8/30 - Sunday 9/2/2012. First, it was a holiday weekend, and second, it was the season opener of the Florida State Game. All kinds of alumni, kids and families. It was very busy, and yet the entire staff was friendly, patient, professional and smiled like they really were happy to see you there.
Every guest getscomplimentary warm cookies upon arrival, as well as a daily newspaper at the front desk. Media room was comfortable and had 3 computers for guest use.

I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to stay at this Doubletree. Rooms very clean, and I am a person whobrings Pine Sol in my suitcase to clean my room when I check in. The beds were soooo comfortable. Each room has a mini fridge, large bathrooms, in-room coffee maker etc. The pool was very nice, overlooking the Capital City. My only complaint was that the Maid took forever to clean our room on Saturday, but was there bright and early on checkout day, (noon).
She caught us at the elevator and asked us how everything was. We of course left a tip. Starbucks Coffee in the lobby for purchase, and right next to hotel were
pretty little streets with shops and restaurants which were very good as well.

Deck parking is $8.00 p/day. double did not include any type of guests breakfast, and I think a small continental breakfast would be something they should think about, especially since you have to drive to go to a chain restaurant such as waffle House or McDonald's if you don't want to spend a lot on breakfast.

Would most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor so you can see the view of the City's State Capital. Also visit FSU if you can, as it is a very nice campus. Our rate was very reasonable, and i would definitely stay there again.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank luckyparadise23
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We took the family up to Tallahassee for the FSU game and we couldn't be happier with the hotel choice. We arrived early, around noon, and were pleasantly surprised to have our room ready. The staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. We walked to PoBoys for lunch then walked around the FSU campus.
Everything is within walking distance, and there is covered parking, so no having to fuss with football traffic. On Friday night there was a wonderful block party we enjoyed right outside. Saturday morning there was a nice craft fair outside as well. Perfect location!!!!
The rooms were standard- comfortable beds but the pillows were way too soft. They only left 3 towels in the room but we improvised. This was a perfect hotel for what we needed it for- the staff was absolutely wonderful. We will absolutely stay again next game.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Jenfpbg
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed here one weekend for a wedding that was nearby. The first problem was the wrong type of room on the reservation. I asked for a King room and was initially given two doubles. They corrected the mistake for me, but my correcting the mistake they moved me to a different floor. Because of their mistake I was not able to be in the rooms next to my family that was also visiting.

I was also very unimpressed by the amenities in the room. There was no mini-fridge, microwave, or safe. To me, these should be standard in a room for $140+/night. The staff was friendly, overall. One night there was a bartender who was not very pleasant, but I will equate that with being very busy. We had breakfast at the restaurant and it took longer than it should have, but the food was good.

My final complaint was the cost of parking. I understand the $12/day for valet, but $8/day to self park was a bit ridiculous.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mxummerie
DoubletreeTLH, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be used to help up improve our guest experience. We’ve addressed the issues you mentioned with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

-John Kelly-
GM

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed here for only night in July while being on a family road trip. The staff was very friendly during check-in. The room was okay, nothing special, but not bad. The bathroom was very small and the AC was blowing right onto the bed, so needed to barricade that. But overall room was okay and beds were good.

Room Tip: very small bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2012

When I search for a three star hotel in Tallahassee on Priceline-Make your own Bid, I'm always happy to get The Doubletree. It's never a perfect stay, no matter how many times I've stayed, but in Tallahassee, it's a good hotel in a good location for my needs. I like the wall to wall windows in the rooms, the friendly, efficient check -in and the public spaces which are pleasant and comfortable. Sure many of the rooms are a bit tired and the bathrooms small and lack ventilation. But in comparison to other hotels in town, it's a pleasant place. I stopped having breakfast at Jacob's off the lobby months ago after a few bad experiences with liquid eggs. But several times now I've had dinner at Jacob's after a tiring day when I just dont want to go back out. Sometimes their fried chicken and mashed potatoes are perfect and other times the Cobb Salad or Philly Cheese Steak fit the bill. I guess it's a matter of expectations. Our server on a recent visit went out of her way to find just the right wine to accompany my dinner. I'm sorry I didn't catch her name. Most of the employees here are friendly and do a good job. Housekeeping timing is the downfall here though. They do a good job cleaning. But if you stay several nights, you're lucky to get your room cleaned by 5:00 pm. On check- out day though, they wake you up.
I heard that this Doubletree is under new management and everything is changing.
I hope they will make good changes while treating the staff well, as in this business, good hospitality is the key.

• Stayed: August 2012