US$132
US$128
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
US$154
Hampton.com
US$144
Homewood
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
US$109
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

US$144
US$126
Home2.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$154/night.

US$134
US$111
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

US$109
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
US$88
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$122
US$110
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

US$121
US$99
Official Site
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

1,703 results
All reviewscookiesjohn kellydouble treeparking garagefront deskheart of downtownfsu campusbreakfast buffetcapitol buildingflorida state universitythe entire staffbusiness tripstaff was friendlyjacobslobbyvaletgm
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Great location. View is amazing of the city. Hotel is clean and beautiful. Staff are friendly and welcoming. $15 to park but not a problem since hotel rates are great. Walked to great oyster bar/restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017

First, the good stuff.

All of the staff are very courteous, helpful, and friendly. They're always willing to help and go out of their way to make sure your stay is perfect. The staff at Jacob's Restaurant are also very nice. I enjoy the breakfast in the morning and the dinner menu is pretty good as well. The location of this hotel is EXTREMELY convenient for me when I travel to Tallahassee on business because I can walk across the street to our office, and then walk back to the hotel when the day is done. VERY happy about the location of this DoubleTree. I've been staying at this hotel almost every year for the last 18 years simply because of its convenience. It is certainly not my favorite hotel due to the following reasons... so here comes the bad stuff:

Now, the bad stuff.

I don't know who was chosen to decorate this hotel, but it is absolutely not what you expect when you stay at a DoubleTree. Not sure what theme they were going for, but the entire hotel has been decorated to look like - - well - - maybe a New Orleans theme? Not sure. I'm attaching some pictures that I took so you can be the judge of that. (Wait till you see the picture of the mirror design in the guest room bathrooms! Yikes.)

Next, if you are claustrophobic at all, do the valet parking. Because if you self park, GOOD LUCK getting in and out of your parking space! This garage is the worst parking area I've ever experienced. I don't know how people with SUV's and pickup trucks get in and out of that place without hitting something. It's ridiculous. If you do self park to save money, BE CAREFUL.

Many years ago, before the hotel was completely renovated, I remember an incident that is burned in my brain because it was the most disgusting experience I've ever had when staying at a hotel. I woke up at about 6:30am to get ready for work when I suddenly heard this incredibly loud crashing noise coming from the bathroom, followed by the sound of a massive waterfall. I rushed over to see what it was and saw that part of the ceiling above the bathtub
(they had bathtub showers at the time) had come crashing down because of a water pipe that was leaking just above my bathroom. Someone was taking a shower above my room and their dirty shower water was pouring into my tub. It was digusting. I called the front desk and they immediately sent me to another room. A suite this time... to make up for the disaster that had occurred in my room. I swore I would never stay there again... but they convinced me to come back when I was in Tallahassee again. And because of the convenience of the hotel's location, I did.

This next experience happened just a few days ago. I checked in to the hotel, was assigned room 505, and I proceeded up to the room. Upon entering the room, I put my luggage down and proceeded to walk over to the window to open up the curtains to take a look at the view... when I noticed a distinct squishing sound coming from underneath my feet. Turns out, the air conditioning unit in this room had been leaking for a while and flooded that side of the room! So what do you think happened? Yup, had to move to another room. So I was moved to room 815. Nothing wrong with this room. So if you can request it, get it before something breaks in there! LOL!!

So there you have it. My experiences at this DoubleTree. Bottom line, you're rolling the dice and taking a chance when staying at this hotel. Just be careful because in my experience, it seems like 50% of the time, I always have some type of issue... some of which I just dealt with and never reported.

Oh... and don't forget to look at my pictures. :)

Room Tip: 8th Floor or higher for a better view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

If I would have written a review after my first stay in the spring here it would have been 4-5 star as they were going through some remodeling at the time. Even though they were remodeling, I hardly noticed and I was put in a queen size newly remodeled room even after booking through a 3rd party website.

This time, I booked using some of my Hilton honors points and was expecting an even better experience. However when I took the elevators to the HHonors floor, I was surprised to see that it was very dated. I thought when I got to my room that might change but was incorrect. It seems like if you are going to remodel, you would start with your loyalty rooms. There could be many reasons why they didn't so I'll let that slide (though I wish I had pictures so you could see the difference). If you are a Hilton honors guest, then I would ask to be put in a newer room.

The room was large and I had my HHonors amenities, the bed was comfortable, and I was happy. In the morning I had a 10:00 meeting so ordered room service in the early am to give myself time to eat, get ready, and get out. I called room service and the attendant seemed newer just because of the questions she asked. She asked my room number, I gave it to her and she repeated it with my last name. I corrected the pronunciation, she said it would be right up, we hung up and over an hour later I still hadn't received my breakfast. I called at 9 and asked whether it was coming because I had to leave soon. She said they took it to the wrong room and was waiting for me to call back. How was I supposed to know they took it to the wrong room, especially when she verified my last name.

I checked out and made sure with the front desk agent that I hadn't been charged for breakfast (after explaining what happened). He said "nope, your good, do you want me to email your receipt?" without even an apology.

This is not what I expect from a Doubletree and wish their training was better. I am biased because I come from a background at the Ritz-Carlton, but I know what to expect when a guest has had a subpar stay. I didn't want any freebies, I just wanted empathy.

I'm not sure if I will stay here again, or just expect less on the next go-round and dine at a local restaurant.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Hotel itself is good but the service was terrible.No coordination with front desk and Shuttle service. The didn't give me a shuttle even i requested in advance. separate incidence They kept me waiting at the airport for shuttle an hour when i stayed that hotel again after the first indecent

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2017

After recommending this hotel as the place to stay in Tallahassee, I was happy to hear that our group was again going to have our meeting at the Double Tree. As usual, the hotel staff and management were friendly and welcoming. Our meeting room was efficiently set up and comfortable. I always look forward to staying at this hotel because it is clean, conveniently located, and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business