“Amazing Team!”

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
Ranked #68 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I can’t say enough good things about the team at the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk. During a stressful period in preparing for Hurricane Irma, the hotel’s staff went out of its way to make my husband and I feel welcome and comfortable. We especially wanted to thank Elisha for her warm greeting and tremendous hospitality as well as Joseph, who took outstanding care of us at the Rivers Edge Restaurant & Lounge, which we recommend most highly! We also wanted to recognize Samantha at the front desk for all of her assistance on this stay and on previous stays. The hotel location cannot be beat, but it’s the people who make this property a special experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patti G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked 5 nts at the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk hotel because I was having surgery at a nearby hospital. We got in very late around 2 AM to a deserted front lobby. No one around, no bell, it was just odd. My husband started yelling "hello" and someone came out of the kitchen area with a handful of snacks. We thought he was a customer because he was into wearing a uniform and was eating and just slowly walking towards us. No greeting or anything. Turned out he was the night manager.

He checked us in to a room on the third floor. When we walked in we saw the whole bathroom was flooded. My husband nearly slipped and twisted his back to right himself.

When I call down to the front desk I spoke to the same man and told him about the flood. He seemed unconcerned so I told him I wanted a new room since we could not use this room he then told me he would send someone up for the key. Another man ( again no uniform) knocked on our door and handed us the key and walked away. He didn't say hello, goodbye, nothing he just left.

So we found our way to the fourth floor and found a decent room with no flooding and a nice view of the river. We ended up staying only one night due to my surgery getting canceled due to Hurricane Irma. Check out went smoothly and they only charged us for the 1 night even though we checked out in the evening.

I found that the location was easy to get around from, the hotel was a little run down but the bed was comfortable. We did not wake early enough to eat breakfast so I can't comment on that but I guess all things considered it was a nice stay (minus the flood incident and the weird reception). People should have to wear uniforms, especially in the evenings.

Would I go back? Probably not.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 September 2017

Dear knarich,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced.

I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager so she can address these. Your feedback will be a very useful training tool for us.

I do hope you will consider us again when your surgery gets rescheduled. We would very much appreciate another opportunity to better serve you.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

we checked in for one night , the pool had visual algae growth, our room air conditioner did not work , we contacted the two managers at around 4:00pm , we were assured it would be fixed wife called spoke with night manager confirmed fixed at 6:00pm of course it was a lie we got in around 3:00am the room was very hot we were scheduled for a long drive the next morning, spoke with day manager about the experience the lies and she said all she could do was take care of my bar tab this was a insulting considering this is top dollar hotel downtown the right response was to comp our room rate , my advice avoid this hotel, they could have helped us relocate to different hotel instead it was a night from hell all we wanted was to spend a romantic night away from the kids

Room Tip: avoid this property
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 September 2017

Dear jrios4444,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent visit. First of all, please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced.

Without having more specific details, I am reaching out to our weekend managers to see if I can determine exactly what happened in trying to get your air conditioning repaired, and how they addressed this with you. We will use your comments as a training tool for our front office associates.

I can assure you this situation was the exception, rather than the rule, and am sorry this incident occurred. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you if you return to Tampa again in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Stayed here because of the proximity to Amelie Arena. The room was quite expensive for what you received. We were invited to the happy hour at the Sheraton Club. How disappointing could that be? Well, they put out snacks from Costco heated one time, and a cheese and vegetable tray with dips. There was an attendant who sat in her little room chatting on her cell phone and never tended the food. Maybe that is her instructions.. If so, it is pretty unacceptable.

When we returned about 10:00PM, the bar was shut down, so we went out for a drink.

We ate breakfast there the following morning and it was OK.

Had a separate $1.50 charge on my credit card for something that I have no idea what.

All in all, for over $300 per night, not a value hotel..

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 September 2017

Dear Islandjerr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. Please accept my apology for the disappointing stay.

I will share your comments with our Director of Food and Beverage, who oversees our Club Lounge. It is our goal to provide a positive experience and I am sorry we did not do so during your visit.

I am pleased you enjoyed the size of the guestroom and river view. The multi-million dollar renovation we are currently undergoing will certainly enhance our overall hotel and guest experience.

Once again, thank you for your very valuable feedback. We hope we have another opportunity to better serve you if you return to Downtown Tampa again in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

The location, amenities and rooms are great. They have a complimentary shuttle service to and from anywhere (with in 3 miles of the hotel). This is a great service! Plus you have direct access to the Riverwalk pathway. The shuttle to/from the airport is not done via the hotel and is a third party. Costs $10 and needs you to call and book. This wasn't clear on the hotels website and left waiting over an hour at the airport. When I raised the issue the manager was quick to remedy my disappointment.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 31 August 2017

Dear AJC604,

Thank you for your very positive comments from your recent stay with us. I am pleased you had such a great experience with our hotel and our great location.

I am sorry there was confusion regarding the transportation from the airport and for the inconvenience you had. I am glad our manager was able to rectify this situation to your satisfaction.

We will review our website to see how we can improve our listing so another guest does not experience a similar issue. We very much appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Once again, thank you for your time. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Tampa.

Best regards.