“Date night with friend's ”
Review of Yacht StarShip

Yacht StarShip
Ranked #471 of 2,563 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$39 - US$74
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Tampa Bay's Premier Dining Yachts | Tampa • St. Petersburg • Clearwater Yacht StarShip, America's First 3-diamond rated Dining Yacht by AAA, ranks in the top 28% of all restaurants. Our exquisite dining cruises offer private seating, tableside service, spectacular views and dancing under the stars.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The staff on the ship do an amazing job!
D.J Dave did a wonderful job with the children that were on board. All four of us enjoyed the starters we all had something different from each other. Same with the main dinner all trying something different. I had the braised beef mushrooms with potatoes and seasonal veggies. Beef was a little dry yet still good. My husband had the double bone pork chop with pork bellie jelly came with cheddar grits and vegetables. He said the pork bellie jelly wasn't good at all and the grits were cold. My best Friend had the lamb said it was very yummy. Her husband had the chefs special which was some kind of fish with lemon sauce. He said it was very good he wanted more. We all enjoyed our deserts even me that don't care for sweets. I had the cherry and peach cobbler yum! Definitely going again maybe on a theme night

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were repeat visitors on this dinner cruise, 6 friends among larger group arrived with most diners seated so we're were split up to remaining empty seats even though most of the dining room was empty. The table next to our group was set up so we thought, great, but were told NO! not for your group. The waiter announced the specials but was abrupt when questioned because not everyone could hear him. Our wine was served in logo wineglasses with so many water spots.....I hope they were water spots! Not terribly appealing. Both food and drinks very slow to be served and vegetables cold and shrivelled! Three of us send back the dinners, they told us they replated the food but the vegetables looked worse and were still cold. The salmon was tasty, served with a lovely lemon sauce rather than the dill sauce the waiter told us about and it was lukewarm, warmer than the vegetables. We were not offered coffee/tea after tea and when one guest requested coffee he was told it was not good for him, we clear the tables, you go dance! He did get a cup of $7 cup of black, cool sludge! Guess the waiter was right! We went up to the upper deck with the music and dancing, there was a graduation party for high school seniors, the kids were lovely but the music was definitely for them. This was our 4th dinner cruise and will be our last with this company. Service, food, atmosphere- everything has slipped except the warm chocolate chip cookies when leaving the boat.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If there was an option worse then terrible for a rating I would give this company one. My Cruise was on their calendar for over a month. I made my reservation and paid for extra amenities, all in advance. The fallowing day I was informed my cruise had been canceled and was given the option of rescheduling or being refunded. When I called and asked why my cruise had been cancelled, the manager after about a 10 min talk, admitted my cruise had been cancelled due to low attendance. I don't think a company should request payment in advance if they are unwilling to meet their commitments.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Would give this a zero but there isn't one. This was one of the worst dinners ever. Drinks are grossly overpriced. Our waiter, Justin, spilled 2 drinks on one at our table, then pretty much ignored us the rest of the cruise. We had to ask a different waitrest to put our salad order in. No one said that the ship was understaffed so we waited for our food for 2 hours and were not alone. The other tables were having the same problems. When the food did come, it was cold to lukewarm. Never went to explore the top deck cause we were expecting to eat soon. Best part, everyone complaining and no bill came. Friends said the cruise out of Clearwater is much better. Smaller ship.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The best part is the views from the top deck. The food was not great. My meatloaf was burnt. The mashed potatoes were mostly skin. Veggies were soggy and over cooked. I thought the staff was very nice though. All in all we had fun up on the top deck with the music and lights. But for how much we paid to go, the food was not what I would have expected from an executive chef.

Been to Yacht StarShip? Share your experiences!