“Great location with rude staff”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #112 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 13 April 2015

My husband and I stayed here while in Tampa visiting. We stayed 4 nites but paid for 5 because our flight landed at 8 am and we didn't want to drive around all day. When we arrived and I went to get our keys from the desk and attempted to explain that WE WERE already cked in from the night before the lady acted disgusted and said "look at the time don't you know ck in isn't until 3 or 4". Breakfast buffet ok. Only had yogurt 1 day and then only 2 kinds .Eggs very salty and often cold. Rooms very worn. Oh I asked on the phone if there was a window or balcony and was told yes. Well the balcony was 3 feet wide a small table no chairs mold and overlooked the walkway and other building. The window was narrow small and faced the stairwell. I have to say I did read a lot of these reviews but thought maybe people were being too critical but I was wrong. I would never stay here again nor would I recommend this property BUT THATS mostly because of the workers RUDE RUDE RUDE. They need a lesson in customer service.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coleen2773
There are newer reviews for Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa

Reviewed 8 April 2015

This hotel is overpriced and old. The rooms are old with incredibly old and worn out carpeting. The rooms are large and spacious and there are full kitchens, the staff is tired and really does not want to be there. The pool and dock are nice and a great asset but really, stay elsewhere unless you get your room for under $100.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Carol B
Reviewed 29 March 2015

I was so disappointed in this property! Threadbare, torn carpet, no guest services until 6am, dingy outside. I didn't feel comfortable the entire time I was there. Does not look anything like the photos posted. Until they do a major renovation, find another place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2015

I have been here on business and in all will be here 6 weeks I am in my 5th week and let's just say the pictures you see online are nothing what you get.

Fist off the hotel staff are rude and snobby took 4 request to get hangers sent to my room, I actually had purchased some then they left hangers after a week of being here. Waited at the airport for 2hrs to be picked up. After being told it will take 25 min, and calling them after the 25min didn't help they just said 25 min again and hung up.

The hotel has tried to update some rooms. Rooms looks ok upon walking in however soon you will realize quality was not on there agenda.

The most concerning thing about this hotel is the cleanliness of the rooms and the hotel itself. I was In my room after work and they came in when I was there to clean ( who does that?!) the gave me clean towels and made my bed (didn't change my sheets) then began to mop the floor, this is where it gets concerning... No mop bucket,cleaner or clean mop.. She literally splashed water from the sink onto the floor and began to (mop?!) I stopped here and said excuse me do you think this is acceptable? She couldn't answer me because she like the other cleaning staff don't speak English.
So it makes me wonder what they do when you're not present. Another big issue is bugs . I am here with a group of about 14 and almost each one has found at least one in there room. I have seen on in mine and informed the office and they shrug it off saying they sprayed... Nope.

So to the rating, i would give this hotel no stars but that's not possible. I will never stay here again and recommend you stay somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Rjohns15
Reviewed 26 March 2015

I reserved 2 rooms at this hotel through hotels.com. When we arrived at the hotel, they only had one room for us. Seems they had given one of the rooms to someone with a similar name--never mind that whoever got my room did not have my confirmation number. They had no more rooms available. The clerk on duty that evening was not only rude to us and totally unapologetic for not having our room but also refused to work with us on finding a room. There was no excuse for the behaviour of the clerks on duty that night.
And when we got home, we found that the clerk had charged our account for the one room that they had even though we turned it back in and were assured that we would not be charged for the room. After speaking with the hotel manager on the phone, we were assured that the charge would come off the card--still waiting for that to happen. Thank goodness for hotels.com who found us rooms at a nearby hotel.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family