“Would not recommend”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #112 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Our room was in a far back corner of the property with old stairs and flooring that were falling apart. This we could have overlooked but our room had an overwhelming chemical smell that was making me feel sick. When I called to let the front desk know, she only offered for me to come get an air freshener. Our slider door did not have a screen so we couldn't even open that for fresh air. With some convincing, she agreed to move our room. Second room was better but still old and somewhat dirty. We walked into empty peanut shell on floor (of course found by my highly allergic 5 yr old) and some random puddles of water on kitchen floor. We were grateful to only be here one night for an early morning flight.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 May 2015

We booked two nights here as a treat to ourselves for the last part of our vacation. We'd looked into the reviews and from the photos and information provided we were expecting something completely different that what we got.
From the moment we stepped into our room we had a noise problem with our neighbors to the left. When we arrived, they had their door open, music blaring with five people standing in front of their door and ours. We immediately went back to the main office and requested another room, which we were denied, but assured that if we had further problems we could call and would in fact be moved. The noise quieted that night but picked up promptly the next day to which we called the office twice more. Still we were told we would not be moved, but assured that if we called again they other party would be removed from the facility. We'd also been woke up just before 8am that morning by a leaf blower right outside our room. So we got no sleep in the two nights we were there.

NONE of the photos online matched up to the facility. Our room left a lot to be desired with ants all over the kitchen behind the sink. The power box with the cable cords was hanging out of the wall next to an empty wall mount for the tv which was seated on a desk. The desk had a computer chair that either had to be pushed in, blocking all of our view of the television or pushed into the walkway. The chair wasn't put together correctly and wouldn't even roll, we had to pick it up and move it constantly. We were looking forward to the fireplace which had appeared to be electric but was definitely not. No wood was provided either so it was a useless part of the room. The bed was comfortable but only three pillows were provided. The shower took a very long time to heat up, but the water pressure wasn't bad. Our balcony was two feet from our neighbors balcony and looked directly into their room and vice versa so we kept the blinds closed and did not use it. Though we were just a few feet from the pool, it was not appealing. There were no towels and it was a very small area we had no desire to use. After taking a walk of the grounds, hoping to at least get to walk along the water, we were surprised to find our walk was over in about five minutes. You can walk along the water, but it is a very short walk and you face the highway. You then circle back, go past the pool and tennis court, a outdoor pavilion with two charcoal park style grills, and that's it.

Breakfast is advertised with hot and cold buffet. This included cold eggs mixed with hash browns and cubed ham, oatmeal, and a single waffle maker. There was also some cereal, fruit, yogurt, toast, and bagels. We went to use the waffle maker and someone had filled it and walked away so once it was done, no one was there to take it and it burned. Once we finally did use it, We got our first waffle off the maker and someone cut in and started using it before we could make a second. Needless to say we opted not to even bother going to get breakfast the second day of our trip.

This hotel was overpriced and ended our vacation on a rather sour note. We will not return.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

May stay at this clean and spacious hotel was simply the best choice I've made this year! The hotel was clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. The hotel staff were more than just friendly they were simply the best and most accommodating people I have ever met! Maritza Santiago the Sales Coordinator and the General Manager whose name didn't get went way out of there way to assist me in getting to and from my doctors appointment and then to my departing airline flight. And all with big smiles and best wishes. I wouldn't have made either without them, I can't say enough!
Thank God I chose this hotel!
Veronica J-Jackson

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2015

My husband and I stayed here while in Tampa visiting. We stayed 4 nites but paid for 5 because our flight landed at 8 am and we didn't want to drive around all day. When we arrived and I went to get our keys from the desk and attempted to explain that WE WERE already cked in from the night before the lady acted disgusted and said "look at the time don't you know ck in isn't until 3 or 4". Breakfast buffet ok. Only had yogurt 1 day and then only 2 kinds .Eggs very salty and often cold. Rooms very worn. Oh I asked on the phone if there was a window or balcony and was told yes. Well the balcony was 3 feet wide a small table no chairs mold and overlooked the walkway and other building. The window was narrow small and faced the stairwell. I have to say I did read a lot of these reviews but thought maybe people were being too critical but I was wrong. I would never stay here again nor would I recommend this property BUT THATS mostly because of the workers RUDE RUDE RUDE. They need a lesson in customer service.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coleen2773
Reviewed 8 April 2015

This hotel is overpriced and old. The rooms are old with incredibly old and worn out carpeting. The rooms are large and spacious and there are full kitchens, the staff is tired and really does not want to be there. The pool and dock are nice and a great asset but really, stay elsewhere unless you get your room for under $100.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business