“Mediocre...wish there was a 2.5 star rating.”

Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa
Ranked #113 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This hotel was booked through my parent's time share for my sister, her two children, my husband and myself. Usually we get very nice hotels. When we first entered the lobby, we stood there for several minutes until somebody came to help us. The rooms we were promised were filled because some college group was there, so we had to be shuffled around. Instead of being next to one another as originally promised, we had rooms that were above and below one another. Not that big of a deal, but that was just the start.

The rooms were very dated and the appliances looked over two decades old at the least. We tried to use our ice maker, however, throughout the course of the week it only produced about 12 cubes. My sister's fridge did not even have a tray to catch any ice in their freezer. The only thing that was new was the TV. Upon attempting to wash dishes before checking out, I found out that the dishwasher, aside from not wanting to properly latch, leaked water on the floor while running and did not seem to want to drain properly.

My husband and I noticed after the first night that the toilet wouldn't stop running in our room. The flapper had practically disintegrated. I called the front desk early in the morning and they said they would send maintenance by. We left that morning for the beach and when we returned late in the evening the toilet was STILL running! I called again and they finally sent a man to fix the toilet leak.

My sister and her two children only received two towels (as did myself and my husband). They were not replaced after the first day. When my husband went to inquire about getting a few more towels, he was told that they were "out" of towels and he and my sister and kids would have to wait. Housekeeping did bring some by our rooms, though they insisted on taking the ones that were already in the room (my sister kept trying to tell them that they were clean but they still insisted on taking a towel).

Throughout the course of the week, the keys for the room my husband and I were staying in stopped working THREE times and several other times it took many tries before it unlocked the door. We ended up having to go to the front desk repeatedly to get new keys. They kept saying they were going to get maintenance by to fix the door, but I am not sure if that happened. I was also a bit worried by the fact that when we asked for new keys, they never once asked for identification; they only asked for a room number. That caused my husband to question the security of the property.

Later on in the week the ceiling near the fan in our bathroom began to leak and drip into the toilet. They did send maintenance by, though I am not sure what they did to "fix" the problem. It did stop leaking after several hours of constant dripping and I know he checked to see if the room from up above (my sister's room) was causing the water leakage. It wasn't.

I know that this is Florida and there are bound to be bugs, but my sister's room had a giant roach in it that scared her and my nieces to death, along with several other roaches running around outside on her little patio area. The parking lot was also very small and finding a place near your room to park was impossible in the evening hours. It is very hard to navigate the buildings and to get your luggage up and down the stairs which are also open to the elements, so if it is raining you will be getting wet.

Overall, the stay wasn't too bad (I've stayed in worse places), but I really feel that this hotel needs a major overhaul to bring it up to par.

Room Tip: Upper floors are hard to navigate and there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MystyWolf
Millie S, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Hello MistyWolf,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience during your stay. We are saddened to hear of the issues you faced during your stay as it is very uncommon occurrence. We apologies for any/all issues you encountered during your recent stay with us. I have shared them with our entire team, so that we can address them moving forward and improve in these areas. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not satisfactory, but I hope you give us another chance the next time you are in Tampa as we feel you will enjoy the many renovations going on in our property.

There are newer reviews for Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I'll be honest. I never write a review unless it was a bad experience. But this place...was awesome!
We stayed here because of a last minute flight out of the Tampa airport. Oh, how we wished we would have arrived sooner to enjoy it.
The room was HUGE and VERY clean. There was an awesome kitchen including a full refrigerator WITH ice maker, microwave, full stove/oven, dishwasher and even a toaster in the cabinet.
The bed was very soft which some may not prefer but I loved!
The location was amazing. Five minutes from the airport but they have a dock where we sat for over an hour upon arrival. The dock has comfy chairs and a fabulous view over the water of the causeway. We even talked about how it could possible be so quiet with such a great view!!
My favorite part -- balconies and porches. Be sure to ask about them! Some were under construction but who cares? We had a balcony! Something that isn't offered at the expensive hotels located around this place that, by the way, do NOT even have a microwave or fridge.
Best part -- the price. We had a studio Queen and paid $109!!
Fabulous. Just fabulous. Thank you Chase Suites Hotel.

We will be back as soon as we can find an excuse to be!!

Room Tip: Corner suites have awesome porches to sit out and enjoy the view! We LOVED room #1300!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Hello Tonya,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a kind review of your recent stay with us. We would like to take the time to thank you for staying with us at the Chase Suite Hotel in Tampa. We are very happy we were able to be a part of your great new memories, and we certainly look forward to being a part of your future memories on your next visit to Tampa!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This place is too crowded for how many parking spaces they have available. There isn't enough parking and we were told to park in handicapped bc they had allowed a budget rental truck take up 3 spaces for 2 days. The room was clean but very outdated and smelled like mold. It did not smell clean and the scent permeated throughout the sheets and furniture. There's no ventilation and no ceiling fans. Additionally they allow guests to fish off the balconies into the bay - which isn't a problem but becomes a safety issue at midnight when other guests are walking to their rooms.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hello Courtney,
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of your recent stay with us. We have read your comment and we apologize for any/all experiences that were not up to your expectations. It is always our top priority to provide our guest with a satisfying experience and we are sorry that we missed the mark during your stay. Please note that all the points you mentioned have been discussed with the concerned managers to take the necessary actions and prevent them from recurring. Please also note that the whole hotel is currently in renovation process, on phases, to continue our guest satisfaction. We hope that what happened will not prevent you from staying with us again as we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to provide you with the memorable stay you deserve.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Usually we stay at another hotel at this Rocky Point location whenever we're in Tampa. However, we decided to try Chase Suite Hotel this time. We are so glad we did. Very roomy and clean. Had a beautiful view of the water and were able to access our car readily. Didn't have the free breakfast, but free newspaper was nice along with the friendly staff. I recommend for an inexpensive stay. And bring your pet.

Room Tip: Water view is affordable and worth the price.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Millie S, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Hello Teri,
Thank you for your wonderful TripAdvisor review of your recent stay with us. We are always delighted to hear from our satisfied guests and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We value and acknowledge animals as extended members of the family and are happy to accommodate families and their furry friends. We would love to have you return should you ever need another hotel stay in Tampa!

Millie Sustache,GM

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Just visited this hotel. My family and I go on vacation every year for 5 days. So we've been to a lot of hotels in different cities and states. We book our rooms months ahead of time. So we are use to staying in good/great hotel suites. Never really had any issues like this. We arrived with a charter bus load of people. Wood rotting outside some of the hotel room, stove rusted in rooms, holes in tiles on floor, roaches in some family members tubs, my cousin found a thong under his bed, my aunt got bitten by bed bugs in her room. They didn't want to move her to another room and didn't apologize for the incident. No remorse! GM very unprofessional she sent one of her workers out to talk to her instead of her coming out to the front desk to handle the issue. When my aunt demanded to talk to her she showed no remorse. Didn't apologize or anything. Her response was that my aunt was welcome to leave. I guess she was going to pack up and leave with the 45 -50 people that came together on the bus. Some of the front desk employees were very rude and unprofessional. The key to the room door rarely worked. I went to the front desk at least 6 times to get the key reprogramed. I only had one little pot in my room. There was a big issue with getting wash cloths and towels. Everytime we asked they said they didn't have anymore. Never been to a hotel that doesn't have enough towels and never been to a hotel that only gives you two towels. Especially when you're in a suite that can carry up to six people. A lot of us went to Walmart and purchased towels for us to use. They stated that employees are bilangual. That's not true!! House keepers didn't speak or understand any english. Only their supervisor! However, my house keeper, one lady at the front desk and the guy who drove the shuttle were the only bright spot to this hotel. They were very nice!! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone EVER!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Millie S, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel- Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Hello Jennifer,Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the set of circumstances you faced during your stay. We have a very strict policy in place for bedbug’s inspections on weekly basis along with a weekly pest control. We had the pest control look into your aunt’s claims right away and the reports by our pest control stated that there was no infestation in the room and the one and only bed bug found was actually brought in possibly while traveling. We would be happy to share these results with you once again. We would also like to state that we did indeed move your aunt to another rooms as it was her choice to continue her stay with us. We provided her with a free night stay for her inconvenience as our guest satisfaction is our top priority. We are always grateful when guests provide us with the opportunity to make improvements in order to exceed guest expectations. In regards to towels, please note that your group had signed a contract with a negotiated rate per the amount of guest staying in the suites. However, we came to find more people than the actual booking and surpassed the amount of guest allowed per fire regulations. I am once again truly sorry if your aunt felt I was rude; but I could not comp her entire stay, but did accommodate her by moving her into a new suite and giving her the night free for the inconvenience.
Millie Sustache,GM