“Nice mix”

Cuisines: French, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Very unusual cousin, but all taste fit perfectly. French and Vietnanise together? Yes, its possible and very taste. Service also very good, not fast and not slow, just in tiime. Nice parking , all is very convenient. Not cheap, but price is fair

1  Thank Bob P

Reviewed 29 October 2017

102 friends

Elite ’17

I have been a huge fan of Restaurant BT for years, ever since she occupied the space in Hyde Park. The restaurant, for years now, resides in a smaller spot on MacDill Avenue. I'll mention the parking is behind this gem off of Palmira. Walk in and you will find the décor to be very clean, minimalist, with lots of bamboo. The atmosphere is Zen-like to me. It has a relaxed, comfortable,casual feel.

The menu is French-Vietnamese with strong hints of a global influence. In one word the food is seductive. I feel the passion that goes into the food just by visually taking in how beautifully plated each menu item is, as it is presented to the diner. It's like you have been given a piece of art that you may further enjoy by devouring all of its parts. BT is truly gifted at combining spices, creating contrast between textures, color and flavor, therefore giving her customers a delicious gorgeous meal.

I have enjoyed the fresh rolls, spring rolls, tuna tai chanh, salmon gravalax, and duck burrito as starters. The black truffle burrata and the avocado lobster salad are divine. The entree's that stand out for me are the shaken beef, prawns and the snapper. Not a fan of the pho. I personally think it needs to be bolder. My favorite thing to do is order several starters for the table to share. I rarely order dessert so I am unable to comment on her sweets.

The wine list is creative and BT takes pride in selecting what she has to offer her guests. I believe you may bring in your own bottle for a steep corkage fee of $30-$40. Please confirm this with the restaurant.

I have always been pleased with the wait staff. This is an expensive night out, no doubt. I believe several menu items are too high for what you are receiving. Overall, you are still 5 stars.

1  Thank susant771
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Excellent well prepared food; nice wait staff; recommend duck dishes; beer, wine, teas and saketinis (try the white pear ) Finally, do not miss the desserts.

1  Thank ralph p
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We went on a Tuesday so the place was not very busy. Service was excellent. The bouillabaise was very good so was the red fish. The food was very well presented.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I attended a dinner her. I was skeptical because I have never had French Vietnamese fusion. It was an absolute delight of the senses. The restaurant is small but swanky. The ambiance was romantic. The service was attentive and the food just well presented and flavorful. I especially loved the pumpkin soup and the bread pudding. I will definitely return.

1  Thank emotionalbutterfly

Been to Restaurant BT? Share your experiences!