“The BEST ...Spanish food in town!!”
Review of Vizcaya

Vizcaya
Ranked #136 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Floyd Road
Description: Just north of Rt 580 W Busch Blvd, this small hidden gem in Tampa offers a variety of world class tapas and an extensive wine list Reservations recommended 813-968-7400.
Reviewed 9 March 2016

Atmosphere is very relaxing, cozy feel and romantic! Food unbelievable - my favorite the Paella ! But you can't go wrong - everything is delicious !

1  Thank StellaBella48

Reviewed 22 February 2016

I was there on January 2016, with some friends and my sister. Food experience was delightful, the restaurant is so beautiful and clean and the live music was very entertained. I loved the Sangria and the appetizers!

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

Went to try the seafood paella and enjoyed a flavorful and adventuresome dinner on the outdoor patio at the Iberia-inspired Vizcaya restaurant in Tampa. We sipped their wonderfully refreshing Sangria as we perused the tapas menu, assisted by our very friendly server, Tara. The menu choices were a feast for the imagination! We finally selected 1) pulpo (baked octopus), very tender, beautifully seasoned w Spanish paprika, served w potatoes; 2) merluzita, a spanish fish, stuffed w lobster & seafood, served smothered in a phenomenal seafood-bisque sauce; 3) berenjena (eggplant), thinly sliced, rolled, stuffed with Spanish cheeses, dressed with a tomato-olive oil dressing. All were outstanding! We shared the seafood paella entree which was first-rate: enormous prawns and a generous amount of mussels, clams, squid, scallops, and grouper served over well-seasoned rice. We look forward to returning to sample some more of the menu!

Reviewed 22 November 2015

After living in Carrollwood for 15 years and passing by the Vizcaya restaurant several times a week, my wife and I decided to try it even though we do not especially like Spanish food.

After discussing leaving after we walked in (the lounge was very noisy and not impressive - which is what you see when you walk in), we were pleasantly surprised and delighted by everything once we were seated in the restaurant area.

Since we are not familiar with Spanish wines, Fernando recommended a very nice wine that we thoroughly enjoyed. We had one of the tapas for an appetizer - it was excellent. (And, important to me, the bread and dip were very good).

Even though the last paella my wife had was in Valencia, Spain, (which she did not like), this seafood paella was excellent. My merluza was one of the best entrees I have ever had in the USA.

The live music in the lounge, which started near the end of our meal, was pleasantly muted by the separation between the lounge and the restaurant. As we were leaving, it was obvious that everyone in the lounge was having a great time.

We highly recommend Vizcaya - make sure you sit in the restaurant and not the lounge if you want a more quiet experience.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

I went for my Birthday with a friend. This was my first time and It was a delightful experience. Enjoyed the date tapa and the seafood paella was amazing. The giant shrimp and scallops were tasty. The sangria was perfect not too sweet I had the red and my friend the white. I was so impressed with our server who gave us lots of attention. He also gave me this wonderful birthday desert. In addition to making the night special the piano performer played Happy Birthday. This was a special Birthday Meal. Great place to go for special occasions. We had a groupon so that really made it a value priced meal.

Been to Vizcaya? Share your experiences!