“Outstanding experience!”

Ybor City Historic Walking Tours
Ranked #3 of 81 Tours in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: There is no better way to experience Ybor City than at streetlevel on foot. Come discover this vibrant and diverse city. Ourwalking tours explore the many layers of history that make up the fabric of Ybor City. Tours start from the Vicente Martinez-Ybor statue at Centro Ybor on Seventh Avenue. Call for current schedule.
Reviewed 31 May 2017

I have been on a lot of walking tours in my life. What Lonnie Herman does is totally unique and unforgettable. To begin with, don't fear doing this in the Summer. I was with my wife and it was 95 degrees. We survived quite well. We are NOT spring chickens. Lonnie met us at the Vicente Martinez-Ybor statue. Very friendly person!! We had a private tour! Great! I can't begin to tell of all the details he shared with us. They were amazing. He really loves what he does and it shows. This tour is a MUST when coming to Tampa. No trip to Tampa is complete without a trip to Ybor City. Lonnie is your man!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

To be honest at first I didn't think much about doing this but my wife said it looks interesting and fun. WOW i am so glad I went as not only do you learn, but our guide was so entertaining and fun to be with. You cover a lot of interesting sights and hear about all the people and it was amazing when you see what did take place and what's left. The best part was going to CUBA. We highly recommend Max Herman, knowledgeable, sincere and a great actor. Takes pride in his tour.

1  Thank Skynyrdnation
Reviewed 15 May 2017

My husband and I are new to Tampa, and I've been wanting to take this tour for months. We've been down to Ybor City quite a few times to enjoy the nightlife, comedy club and Columbia restaurant, but Max gave us a fascinating view into Ybor City's history with an interesting walk around areas and streets of Ybor City we had not seen. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Visited Ybor City last weekend and very much enjoyed the Historic Walking Tour with Max Herman. Max was an enthusiastic and knowledgeable young man who enjoyed relating this fascinating knowledge of this unique community. Wish we could have had more time to learn more. I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We toured with Max Herman this week and had a great time. Very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. We never realized the extent of the history of this area of Tampa but it was fascinating!