“One of Tampa Bay's Best Romantic Spots!”

Ciro's Speakeasy & Supper Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciro's Speakeasy & Supper Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Howard Ave
Description: Enter an underground world of beaded curtains, fresh cocktails, and decadent food.
Reviewed 7 January 2017

I received a reservation for this location for a Christmas present and we had reservations for 5:30 PM a Tuesday night after Christmas.

Let me start by saying that this place is just downright cool. Tucked away in the base of a condo located directly on Bayshore Boulevard it all starts with the password that you get when booking your reservation. Upon arrival the door is promptly locked and the hostess greets you through a small window to receive the password it feels very stereotypical speakeasy and as a result really adds to the excitement of the night.

We arrived a bit early anticipating more traffic and this location actually books reservations for a time slot meaning you cannot camp out you have a two hour window to dine. We were fortunate and were able to be seated right away despite. We were led to a small little nook, the first one on the left, with an L-shaped seating area and a small stackable table. Our area was closed off with a mesh curtain that was drawn by our server. The "room" felt very much like a train car with lighting tucked away inside the bricks on the wall. It was incredibly cozy and comfortable.

At the time of our arrival this location was in its happy hour which features lower priced drinks and by lower I mean half-price and about a half a dozen items from their menu at a reduced price. I had an old-fashioned which was divine I ended up drinking three of them throughout the evening. My girl started with a Ricky which was not sweet enough for her. She then switched to another drink which was a person's name and write this moment I can't remember it but it was very tasty to her and she finished the night drinking a couple more of those.

We started off with the cheese fondue which features Gruyere, Riesling cheese. Some wonderful French bread, granny Smith apples, potatoes, payers, and some out of this world oyster mushrooms that I had never had before! A little bit about the oyster mushrooms these things are simply divine. The edges get crispy and reminded me a little bit of bacon. The flavor is just tremendous with whatever seasoning they use blending in perfectly with the mushroom dunking it in the cheese was at the light but they can easily be eaten separately.

For the entrée we split a Ciro's burger which is an 8oz patty with Pickled Cabbage, Onion, Tomato Habanero Jam and Malt Vinegar Aioli, served on a Toasted Focaccia roll. The burger was perfectly cooked and tasted delicious and just like homemade. For those of you concerned it was not spicy at all. We also shared an order of duck fries which are basically french fries, fried in duck fat with garlic. They were tasty as well.

For dessert we opted with the chocolate fondue which had an assortment of fruits some waffle pieces and a semi sweet ganache. It was a perfect finish to our evening, however, it did cause us to run over a little bit and fortunately our server who was incredible by the way, checked with the hostess and allowed us an extra half an hour to finish up properly.

Overall I definitely highly recommend this place for any romantic dinner. In fact of all the restaurants I've been to and the entire greater Tampa Bay area this one is at the top of my list for a romantic dinner I can think of no other parallel. Do yourself a favor and make a reservation.

1  Thank weirdave

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Really one of the best experiences in Tampa!! We have just spent NYE in Ciro's and enjoyed a most delicious set menu! We have been several times before and always thoroughly enjoyed it! And this time just knocked it out of the park! The amazing smoked duck, the filet bearnaise, the goat cheese & sundried tomato raviolis: just wow! The drinks such as A girl has no name,Vieux Carre, Firing Squad... so worth it!! Have a go a them and ask for suggestions from the bartender when in doubt. Highly recommended!! Happy 2017 and hope you guys keep up the amazing work!! :)

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

We went to Ciro's on Christmas Eve for something different while in town for Christmas.
I had never heard of it but then again I don't live in Tampa anymore. They definitely did a good job on keeping it quiet for several years.
I was contacted the day before with all info needed including the password. :)
Definitely ask for a booth, the privacy and cool factor is the best.
We tried quite a few drinks and had a cheese plate that was very good.
I'll definitely be back, when visiting Tampa.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

We made reservations and entered using the password.
It was fun but unmarked and difficult to find (which is the point).
The staff was friendly and accommodating.
The food was good other than the sterno not remaining lit or warm while we ate.
We had hoped for entertainment but other than the ambiance there was none.
We enjoyed the experience and may try again.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

clever concept and unique entry and decor inside. We went here with another couple for an anniversary and found it to be quite different. Good for a party of 2 or 4, can not see having a large group here. Food menu is eclectic and very limited but good. Portion small and tables are more like tray tables, but would recommend for the novelty of it. Do the absinthe too, good presentation.

1  Thank scot g