“Seedy But I would stay again”

Masters Inn Tampa Fairgrounds
Ranked #127 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

It looks like the majority of the people staying here actually LIVE at the hotel.

The biggest plus, was that I only paid $35 per night. However, I left NO VALUABLES in my room each time I left because I couldn't be sure it wouldn't be broken into. This hotel is run down, and out dated... However the pool was open. While at the pool, I over heard some of the "residents" discussing physical altercations between children. I saw a domestic dispute, and there was excessive beer drinking and smoking at the pool despite the presence of my and other children. The location is pretty decent; I was in town visiting my son, (a UT student) so I didn't need anything fancy.

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank LuxuryTravelVIP

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Stay somewhere else, I'm begging you! I had a cockroach walk across my face in the middle of the night, got up and saw them everywhere! The room smelled horrible, the sheets were pilled, the carpet stained, the mini-fridge rusty and the front desk unaffected. If that wasn't bad enough, the traffic noise is at decibles beyond belief. I booked for a 3 night stay, and they wouldn't reimburse me for any of it. It was worth it to me to just walk away

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

This place may look nice online but it's horrible. The only good thing was the staff was nice. Other then that my fiance and I found roaches crawling around and the room smelt bad. We were there no longer then 20 mins then we were like no we want our money back. It was ridiculous and disgusting. Never again. The weekly rate is not worth it!!!!! Because of this we had to find another hotel and the one we found was beyond amazing. They were the nicest people and the room was so great. The weekly rate is a little more but totally worth it! Stay at Clarion Hotel on fowler it's way better and way more worth the price. Owners are amazing too!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eryn B
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

After reading a few negative reviews I thought I'd still give this hotel a shot despite of what I read, which im so glad that I did.My stay was comfortable and clean. there are needed improvements,but bearable. Would definitely come back.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank shaba b
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

Bugs everywhere. Crawling up the wall. On the floor. I'm just a young girl traveling to Florida for an interview. I have called three times to talk to the manager but he is "never there" and won't return my phone call. My mom said they should refund my money because that is absolutely unacceptable. They won't even speak to me. DON'T stay here. Awful!!!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business