“Excellent curry”

Cuisines: Thai
Description: 813-229-9710
Description: 813-229-9710
Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

We arrived shortly before their closing time expecting to place a to-go order, but we were invited to sit down. The Panang Curry dish was excellent. Soup and spring rolls good. We enjoyed our dinner and would return.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

My wife enjoyed a meal here the other day and had the whole family join her for dinner tonight. I think most of their business takes place during the lunch rush so if you go later in the day and the place is almost empty, don't let that give the wrong impression. The only thing that kept me from giving a fifth star was a slightly "off" smell; kinda musty or smokey. Regardless, once the food came I forgot it. We started with bowls of tom kha gai which was quite good and an order of chicken spring rolls (better than most). We all enjoy curry so two of us split a chicken massaman and the other two a chicken panang. Plenty for two to share, especially if getting appetizers. Almost ordered an additional serving of rice. Decently priced wines and beer are available. Nicely decorated and very attentive wait staff. Located right next to the Tampa Theater it's a great Thai option in downtown.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

My husband and I ate here for the first time last night, before seeing the Lion King! We had such a great experience and cannot wait to return! The Tom Kha soup was some of the best we've ever had, the Red Curry was delicious, and the service was outstanding! The owners are a lovely couple who both came to our table to chat. We asked them about a certain dish we'd had at another Thai restaurant, and they offered to make it for us on our next visit, as it's not on their menu! We loved the personal, welcoming atmosphere of the restaurant and definitely will return.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

My hubby and I had a lovely dinner, excellent, friendly service, in this restaurant. Lots of different menu items to pick from in various levels of heat.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

Excellent food and very good service at a reasonable (low) price. We went 2 times because we were very satisfied - even better second time than the first.

Been to Si-am? Share your experiences!