US$116
ComfortSuites
West Wing Boutique Hotel(Tampa)(Great Value!)
US$87
Hampton.com
US$209
US$195
Priceline
All reviewsworked perfectlytampa brandonspacious roomybor citydresserfreeway
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The room I got was very nice and clean and included a fridge, microwave, one of those safe things and a big TV. They did seem to vacuum too frequently in the halls, but they only started at like 11 or so when most people should be awake--me, I was suffering from jet lag. The room service folks also seemed to like psychically know when you were in and out of your room, which was creepy but convenient.

Overall, I thought it was great for the price. Some other reviewers said it was dirty but I didn't run into a single bug or smudge anywhere. Really nice. Some noise because it's next to a big road, but if you bring some ear plugs you'll be fine.

Oh, one last thing--the pool wasn't really running, but it was March and cool out so I don't think anyone wanted to swim. I still sat by it and read.

Room Tip: You could ask for a room without a sliding door leading outside if you want to feel safer.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Timothy S
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Very dirty, we spent a lot of time keeping things off the disgusting carpet. Bugs all over the place, beds where very hard and pillows where terrible. Outside the patio there where cigarette butts all over seriously all over the patio, parking lot it was terrible!!! All it would take is a leaf blower to make it at least a little better, no pride at all, lazy. Any way never going to stay there again even if the rate was low, was very hard to sleep when bugs where crawling all over, not to mention the air handler not working.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Denny P
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is a disgusted unsafe motel. I had to leave and go to a different hotel (Quality Inn). Bums and drug addicts everywhere. Disgusting and filty. I have stayed at other Motel 6's and I never had such a bad experience. There was throw up in the parking lot, a woman laying on the floor in the hallway (very high), a man screaming at her, and pubic hairs on the pillows. My husband thought it was disugsting as well and my son was scared. We left and I was told they voided the charge but 4 days later and the charges are still on my account. I called and they said even though the transcation was voided the money wont be credited until atleast Monday. THIS PLACE SUCKS DO NOT GO. Quality Inn closeby was beautiful, accommodating, safe, spacious and comfortable. Only 10 dollars more. I never write reviews but felt compelled to as this can be a real pain when traveling just wanting to have a good time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank DanielleParade
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Not the average, small, funky Motel 6. The room was large. The decor was better than the typical "6". We had a microwave and fridge in the room. It had a few problems like stained chairs and carpet not quite right at the edges. However, compared to the "6" we stayed at the next night it was a palace.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Chose this place over many based on it's low price and higher-than-expected reviews. Stay was decent, far better than most motels I imagine. We were a little bit skeptical, however, about the police officers stationed out front upon arrival. The way they looked at me made me feel a tad bit uncomfortable. I was also surprised to why the lobby was not open at 10pm- safety reasons I'm sure of. The room was satisfactory. The walls were a little dirty but nothing major.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple