Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsworked perfectlytampa brandonspacious roomybor citydresserfreeway
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Permanent residents lived here, smoking crack and shootin' dope in the hallways was "normal" .... When you'd come out your door there was a strong smell of marijuana. The employees lived on site & the whole staff would lie for each other when called out on the things like the refrigerator and tv not working....
There was liquid methadone found in a toilet paper roll WHICH WAS VERY DANGEROUS and shocking to me as a visitor with 3 small kids and when asked to talk to management
"HOWARD" the manger said to call the sheriff on me
My money was not refunded however the news has been contacted and they are well aware of this hotel, to be continued ......
I have a video as well
Don't end up dead over a cheap hotel room, it's worth $10 to go next door

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Tonya S
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Great place, clean and comfortable rooms. Good and excellent customer service people in teh front desk. We end up renting on Motel 6 because of location and believe me it was more than that. Location, great customedr service, quiet ambience, and of course comfortable beds. definetely coming back on 2017

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

If you actually want sleep, unless you are a heavy sleeper this place may not be for you. The room was large and clean laminate and tile floor makes it a nice hotel for pets. But also makes it so you hear your neighbors every move. Cheaper hotel that is home to truckers, laborers and not so classy people. Cops showed up in the early morning to deal with one such person.
Ac is loud but helps drown out sounds from neighbors

Shame as the hotel while cheaper seemed cared for and the front desk guy was very nice
I would not suggest a single alone female stay here

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Diane F
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Dear Diane,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

When we drove down from NY last fall, we always stayed at Motel 6 because we have dogs. Most were fine for a night, then we stayed here for about 10 days last fall, and again last week so. The rooms have always been very clean with fresh linens and towels. At some Motel 6s the guests can be a little sketchy but not so much here. One day we waited til the cleaning was finished and they had changed out all the linens, cleaned the counters and tub, and mopped the floor (not just swept). They had strong WiFi. I didn't use the pool but it was always clean and the water very clear. It's not fancy but it's clean and the price is right. The front desk was attentive and the workers and guests were very friendly. One suggestion: this last room had no dressers to store our clothes.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marty V
Reviewed 25 March 2016

I typically don't stay at Motel 6 due to the sketchy people they always seem to attract, but my boyfriend and I needed somewhere affordable to spend New Years Eve after a party. There is a front building with floors 1 & 2 and a back building with floors 3 & 4; we stayed in the back building. As we were driving through the parking lot, we saw two separate couples with what looked like pipes and could definitely smell weed. The room was surprisingly clean and you can tell they just renovated. The A/C was set on 60 degrees, but the room was warm and humid. I was awoken at 4AM by the sound of dogs barking and kids in the hallway. There were a few ants in the bathroom and I later found one on the bed as I was going to sleep, but in Florida with so many trees around, you really can't avoid it. At least they weren't roaches! It was a pretty decent stay, but I'm not sure I'd stay again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caitlin M
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2016

Caitie,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.