“Next time will stay someplace else!”

Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds
Ranked #119 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 22 January 2017

When trying to log-in to the internet got a message that said, "internet is not available". Answer I got from the front desk was they were fully booked and that is why it is running slow, even though I kept trying to tell them I could not connect. Left the room the following morning about 7:00 am and it was after 7:00 pm when we got back to the room. Clean towels were left hanging on the outside of our room door, bed was NOT made-up, bathroom was not cleaned, and they did NOT take out the trash. Only that was done was the dirty towels were removed and they changed the setting on the A/C. When I went to the front desk to informed them what was the problem their comment was did I leave the 'Do not Disturb' sign on the door. Let them know I did not leave the sign on the door, and if I did why did the go into the room take the dirty towels, change the A/C, not empty the trash, not make the bed, not clean the bathroom or put the clean towels in the room. What I got was excuses about how they will look into it, and do I want somebody to go and make the bed now. When I told the clerk, it was a little late for that now he said he would look into it and see about adjust the bill upon checking out the following day. Well, the following morning upon check-out I informed this clerk was has happened and now the toilet was NOT working properly. The morning clerk told me there wasn't any notes about our room (#305), took the information and said he would see that it gets taken care, and finally the bill was NOT adjusted. So, as I informed him I would NOT be staying at this Motel 6, again I would also be letting everybody how problems are handled at this location. I will say they did talk to us with a smile a good attitude, but nothing was done to correct anything. If you do go there, pack very light. The do NOT have any dressers to put your clothes in, only a couple of shelves. Do not bring any dresses or long items (rain coats, skirts, etc.) that need to be hung-up, as there is no place to hang them. The system they have barely as room to hang a couple of shirts.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gene C

Reviewed 10 January 2017

We stayed here our last night in Tampa. We were lucky to be able to book because of the college championship game being in town. My husband and I stayed in a king bed room - it was very spacious. Motel 6 is a basic, no-frills type of place, but we were pleasantly surprised. Our companions stayed in a two double bed room and also were pleased.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Permanent residents lived here, smoking crack and shootin' dope in the hallways was "normal" .... When you'd come out your door there was a strong smell of marijuana. The employees lived on site & the whole staff would lie for each other when called out on the things like the refrigerator and tv not working....
There was liquid methadone found in a toilet paper roll WHICH WAS VERY DANGEROUS and shocking to me as a visitor with 3 small kids and when asked to talk to management
"HOWARD" the manger said to call the sheriff on me
My money was not refunded however the news has been contacted and they are well aware of this hotel, to be continued ......
I have a video as well
Don't end up dead over a cheap hotel room, it's worth $10 to go next door

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Tonya S
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Great place, clean and comfortable rooms. Good and excellent customer service people in teh front desk. We end up renting on Motel 6 because of location and believe me it was more than that. Location, great customedr service, quiet ambience, and of course comfortable beds. definetely coming back on 2017

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

If you actually want sleep, unless you are a heavy sleeper this place may not be for you. The room was large and clean laminate and tile floor makes it a nice hotel for pets. But also makes it so you hear your neighbors every move. Cheaper hotel that is home to truckers, laborers and not so classy people. Cops showed up in the early morning to deal with one such person.
Ac is loud but helps drown out sounds from neighbors

Shame as the hotel while cheaper seemed cared for and the front desk guy was very nice
I would not suggest a single alone female stay here

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Diane F
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Dear Diane,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.