“Clean,Comfortable, Somewhat Quiet”

Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds
Ranked #119 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 22 January 2017

Well, I took up lodging at this particular location because of the remodeled rooms. I stayed at this location from Dec 30-Jan 3 and I must say that my OVERALL stay was pretty exceptional. Check in was fast and easy however I must note upon check in and not to mention calling two days in advance to be SURE that the hotel had my particular room ready and secured my booking the guy at the front desk had me wait to see if they had any of the rooms avalible that I had booked this kind of threw me off because I had booked this hotel back in August and to my knowledge I would expect the room that I had reserved would in fact be the room that I had PAID FOR in any case I got intot he room that I requested after having to wait for abotu 5 minutes to see if housekeeping had a "room avalible" at 6pm in the evening my room should have been ready and waiting.. but again I don't know how the hotel business functions so.. anyway access to my room was easy to find I was on the top floor as I had requested and I must say the first 2 days that I was there I slept like a BABY but the third day a large dog barked every now and then and that really didn't bother me he was doing his job but then there came the doors constantly slamming every 2 minutes or so this really pissed me off people that stayed at the hotel didn't seem to have ANY sense of consideration for others sleeping around 12,1,2,3 and 4 am even at 10 pm the walls are also very thin you can hear the people next door to you if they talk over a few decibels but over all i'd give this hotel a 2 out of 5 rooms were HUGE beds were huge and comfy everything was JUST as it looks on the photos as for staying at this hotel again I probably would during off season p.s. you are about 10 mins away from Ybor great location right on the cusp of tampa/brandon line one more thing to add my first night it was about 42 degrees and the heater was BROKEN so I had to go the entire night bundled up I got the maintenance guy and he fixed it right away bringing in a new heater which worked perfectly and housekeeping are very accommodating and nice

Room Tip: Make sure the room you get is the room you paid for
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank casanova2011
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds

Reviewed 22 January 2017

When trying to log-in to the internet got a message that said, "internet is not available". Answer I got from the front desk was they were fully booked and that is why it is running slow, even though I kept trying to tell them I could not connect. Left the room the following morning about 7:00 am and it was after 7:00 pm when we got back to the room. Clean towels were left hanging on the outside of our room door, bed was NOT made-up, bathroom was not cleaned, and they did NOT take out the trash. Only that was done was the dirty towels were removed and they changed the setting on the A/C. When I went to the front desk to informed them what was the problem their comment was did I leave the 'Do not Disturb' sign on the door. Let them know I did not leave the sign on the door, and if I did why did the go into the room take the dirty towels, change the A/C, not empty the trash, not make the bed, not clean the bathroom or put the clean towels in the room. What I got was excuses about how they will look into it, and do I want somebody to go and make the bed now. When I told the clerk, it was a little late for that now he said he would look into it and see about adjust the bill upon checking out the following day. Well, the following morning upon check-out I informed this clerk was has happened and now the toilet was NOT working properly. The morning clerk told me there wasn't any notes about our room (#305), took the information and said he would see that it gets taken care, and finally the bill was NOT adjusted. So, as I informed him I would NOT be staying at this Motel 6, again I would also be letting everybody how problems are handled at this location. I will say they did talk to us with a smile a good attitude, but nothing was done to correct anything. If you do go there, pack very light. The do NOT have any dressers to put your clothes in, only a couple of shelves. Do not bring any dresses or long items (rain coats, skirts, etc.) that need to be hung-up, as there is no place to hang them. The system they have barely as room to hang a couple of shirts.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gene C
Reviewed 10 January 2017

We stayed here our last night in Tampa. We were lucky to be able to book because of the college championship game being in town. My husband and I stayed in a king bed room - it was very spacious. Motel 6 is a basic, no-frills type of place, but we were pleasantly surprised. Our companions stayed in a two double bed room and also were pleased.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Permanent residents lived here, smoking crack and shootin' dope in the hallways was "normal" .... When you'd come out your door there was a strong smell of marijuana. The employees lived on site & the whole staff would lie for each other when called out on the things like the refrigerator and tv not working....
There was liquid methadone found in a toilet paper roll WHICH WAS VERY DANGEROUS and shocking to me as a visitor with 3 small kids and when asked to talk to management
"HOWARD" the manger said to call the sheriff on me
My money was not refunded however the news has been contacted and they are well aware of this hotel, to be continued ......
I have a video as well
Don't end up dead over a cheap hotel room, it's worth $10 to go next door

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Tonya S
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Great place, clean and comfortable rooms. Good and excellent customer service people in teh front desk. We end up renting on Motel 6 because of location and believe me it was more than that. Location, great customedr service, quiet ambience, and of course comfortable beds. definetely coming back on 2017

Stayed: May 2016