See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Where to begin...

We arrived about 9 pm on Friday evening April 20th after a full day and dinner with friends in Sun City Center.

We know the motel 6 product but still booked anyway because of the price the promise of a pool.

The check in clerk seemed overwhelmed because two guests arrived at the same time. He was unresponsive to requests. We had requested a first floor room when we booked through a 3rd party website but the mumbled reply from the clerk was not understandable. We were given a second floor room in the back building. When we exited our car we were greeted with loud music and a group of people cooking food on a small grill in the parking lot.

The area was poorly lit and occupied with many people smoking. Interestingly enough there were no cigarette butt collectors anywhere around. Hence the ground was littered with butts.

The hallway into our room smelled of something cooking (not the grills in the parking lot). As I trudged up the stairs I was questioning our choice.

The bright spot in arrival was the room. It was the new austere (think hotel) setting found in many Motel 6’s. On first glance it looks good upon closer inspection the upgrade include zero attention to detail. On the plus side the AC worked well and was not too loud for the traditional all unit.

There were zero amenities in the bathroom except for two bars of soap. Not even a packet of shampoo. There was no remote for the TV and no hair dryer. We travel a lot and even the most budget of hotels provide a hair dryer. The sheets and pillow cases were wrinkled so my wife questioned whether the beds had actually been changed. Ultimately we both slept well on the memory foam mattress.

The next day I got up early to go across the street to the McDonalds to grab breakfast. I was greeted with over flowing trash cans and a pile of dirty towels in the corner of the stairwell. To be fair later on the cleaning crew had emptied the trash, removed the towels and mopped he stairwells.

I stopped in the lobby to inquire about a tv remote and a hairdryer. The clerk was polite and responsive which was different than check in. I was given a remote and told they do not provide hairdryers. When I got back to the room the remote did not work. Sheesh. We encountered a house keeper who did get us a working remote.

The pool was clean but the furniture was broken and dirty. One of the umbrellas was zip tied closed! We found two usable chairs and actually enjoyed the pool and patio. The pool is not heated so it was brisk even I. April. It is clear no one polices the pool area for refuse. There was a vodka bottle stuck in the bushes and countless beer bottle caps along the fence line. The bathrooms by the pool are on a par with your average gas station. Keep your flip flops on.

We have learned that budget hotel experiences are closely tied to the clientele and the maintenance system the establishment has in place.

We paid $90 after all taxes and fees per name for a Friday/Saturday night stay. I would have been fine with this place at $60, not $90. There is a La Quinta and a Red Roof that I would try before coming back here.

Stayed: April 2018
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Gillad, Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our brand standards for quality rest on the promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

For a one or two nights stay or even or 3 days day, Motel 6 is always been our best value as our go to motel. We stayed there for one night before flying out of Tampa to Chicago.
The rooms are very modern, very clean with enough room.
The hotel itself is located right off the 60 and the 75 and has several other motels around it plus several fast food eateries.
Everything you need for a quick night in and out with dinner in evening and coffee and breakfast in the morning.
The only drawback we had this time was a big stain on the bedspread. So I had the office exchange it for a ckean one as I wasn't sure what this stain might have been.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and we found the bathroom very dirty with leaks. I had to ask several time for clean towels at the reception. The swimming pool was quite dirty when we have seen it the first day. We did not want to stay at this hotel but everything was full around. We have seen the sheriff''s car standing at this hotel 2 times during two different evenings during our stay and I do not advise women to stay at this place. At 1 AM, some people made noise in front of our door and when we left the following day, the people complaint we made noise by loading our car but it was 10 AM. It is by far the worst place in which we slept during our 2 weeks tour to Florida.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tampa - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Emma, Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your guest swimming pool. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in carrying on the commitment during your recent stay. We aim to provide a restful night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. The service issues you experienced are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Good first impression - nice lobby and pretty spacious room, looked freshly remodeled. Clean feel to it. I liked the location very much. I wish I knew they accept pets... Next time I'll bring my dog. Overall good experience.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Although the Hotel in itself looks a bit old that is a far step from when you enter the rooms they have remodels every room to be fitted with wood flooring comfortable beds and modern furniture be advised that pets DO stay free so at times you may hear a dog barking and most times you will not walls are a bit paper thin so if someone talks loud enough you can hear their conversation,tv, etc

Stayed: December 2017