“Nice excursion”
Review of Yuengling Brewery

Yuengling Brewery
Ranked #15 of 203 things to do in Tampa
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Our little side trip to the Tampa Yuengling Brewery was perfect timing and something we had been wanting to check out. We are annual pass holders at Busch Gardens and miss them having the original "Hospitality House" of Budweiser products on property. Since the sale of Busch Gardens by Anheuser-Busch and it's changes we have found Yuegling to fulfill our taste of a great brew! The fact that we pulled up to the tour area as they were beginning was a bonus. Trisha was a great guide and simply welcomed us as she continued the informative tour. The fact that the original portion of the brewery was outdated and yet still used, was fun and nostalgic for us. We liked they didn't tear down all of it and take away it's "personality". We liked being able to see into the workings of the massive tanks they used originally. They've built onto the brewery to have the production capabilities necessary for the demands. The sampling area was quaint and I suppose that's all they need since their not an amusement park. Trish invited us back and we will certainly bring friends and relatives by when they visit. Our neighbor is ready for a trip over the bridge to visit the Yuengling Biergarten. After our one and a half hour delay, we were off to Busch Gardens for animals, roller coasters, food and more beer! Yuengling is sold there!

4  Thank ljbz2018
"beer tasting"
in 9 reviews
"wearing sandals"
in 5 reviews
"the beer making process"
"tasting room"
in 6 reviews
"different beers"
"interesting facts"

Reviewed 21 February 2018

I was here a little longer than I thought. I was traveling & didn't have my own vehicle, accidentally got dropped off over an hour before my tour. I was planning on just buying some beer to kill time, but they don't actually sell beer here. I was kind of stranded, but Carson was absolutely amazing. She let me have one of my free tour beers while I waited. She was also very pleasant to talk during my lengthy time there, and super accommodating. I'm talking plastic-ware so I could eat my packed lunch, held my suitcase for me since I was on my way to the airport, etc. I was probably one of the weirdest stories there, just hanging out eating my lunch an hour before any tours, but they were very friendly & welcoming. The tour itself was interesting, and my guide was hilarious (the lady with the English accent). Very informative, even though I've done several brewery tours at other breweries. Normally you'd probably spend about an hour or so here. Make sure you wear closed-toe shoes for your tour. Thanks for a great afternoon, Carson & coworkers!

1  Thank Chelsie T
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Spent afternoon taking tour. Too many people in our group and person leading tour was reading it from a script. Not very personal. The only plus was samples at the end. Beer lines not running

2  Thank attitude63
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Yuengling
My hubby and I were both free and decided to go to the Yuengling brewery. This is something we have been planning on doing for some time. We did the 1 pm tour; there were about 20 people on tour with us. It was interesting, informative and free. The tour took us up and downs stairs around and through the brewery. The tour guide was knowledgeable; told us about the beer making process; she was funny and was open to answering questions. It was a detailed tour; we learned a lot of things about the beer, the company, and the Yuengling family. The brewery was in full production. We were not allowed into the production area; however, we were able to view through big pane windows. We did get to go into the lab and learn about the ingredients and walk through the older part of the brewery that's no longer in use.
The tour lasted about 45 minutes. At the end, we were guided to the tasting room that looked like a bar to sample the beer. We offered two samples each. There were about four beers on tap that was locally brewed then a couple of beers in the can and bottle that were brew in their other plant in Pottsville. It was pretty good sample size drink. After drinking the beer, I needed food to soak it up. There is a small gift shop next to the tasting room, selling shirts and beer glasses but no food. This location only allows beer tasting if you take the tour. No tour no taste.
The Yuengling Company is stated to be the oldest beer brewery in America's started in the late 1800's by a German immigrant. It is located on a 53-acre site, so there is plenty of parking. Taking this tour is an exceptional way to spend an hour or two. The brewery has tours during the week and the weekend. I recommend this tour, but be sure to wear close up shoes it is mandatory.

1  Thank 1BeachAficionado