“Grateful for my recent stay”
Review of Le Meridien Tampa

Le Meridien Tampa
Ranked #23 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Yes, it is unusual to have a hotel in this building. It feels like a public courthouse still. It isn't a five star hotel in terms of luxury. But I was really invigorated by the creativity in turning it into a hotel and I would reward the final result with five stars. I was extremely pleased with the size of my room (and the very tall ceilings). I was grateful for the hospitality I received upon check in. I appreciated the excellent valet (and the fact that during key hours, street parking is absolutely free). And most of all, I LOVED the breakfast experience I had, starting with the warm welcome from Charlie - she could make anyone feel like they were on top of the world. And her team clearly loves her. The Cappucino I had was outstanding and the bagel and lox were extraordinary and well priced with generous portions. I just loved it - the perfect end to a perfect stay. The rates were outstanding and I would return in a Tampa Bay Minute.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank sfdann
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review! Our iconic building helps to generate the expectation and our award winning associates build loyalty one guest at a time. Our Bizou crew is passionate about exceeding the expectation!

It was our pleasure to serve!

Travel safe.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We were in room 525. Small room. The decor was very nice, the room was clean and the bathroom was roomy. It has a frig, a safe and an espresso machine, not coffee.

The food here at the hotel was good. The restaurant got overrun one evening when our business let out but they still took good care of us.

For breakfast, I stopped at the deli to grab a glass of apple juice. 8oz cup cost me $6. My friend ordered a "fruit bowl" and got a banana a one berry for $4. That was a little on the ridiculous side of charging.

The next day I saw juices (14 oz) in the snack bar on the bottom floor and paid $3 for a juice that normally would cost $3 for two at any other store.

Other than overpriced food - the staff was over the top amazing and nice.They had a shuttle that took us 2 miles into town to eat and came back to get us.

It is located 3 blocks from the river. A nice little walk to get out and see the town.

Room Tip: We were in room 525 - No view out the window.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank AngelaMBrooks
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review! We value your loyalty and your feedback. Pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy Bizou and our grab-n-go breakfast option has been very successful. Price points are important as we prepare all our items in house, daily.

We look forward to having the pleasure to serve you in the near future and please travel safe!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

My stay was simply amazing! This is THE HOTEL everyone should stay at when in Tampa. From Lalitha’s warm welcome and pleasant check in process at the front desk upon my arrival, making me feel welcomed to Shannon making sure I got a great cup of coffee and delicious muffin for my last breakfast at the coffee bar. A few other specifics:
Best nights sleep in a hotel EVER. It was quiet. No hearing doors slam all night. The room was quaint and homey. Bed was extremley comfortable. The temp of the room stayed regulated through the night.
Loved the expresso machine in the room, and the lighted makeup mirror.
Water pressure and temperature were on point and there was even a decent hair dryer - no need to pack your own and the toiletries were actually great quality.
Great happy hour at the Bizou as well till 7.
Felt safe walking around surrounding blocks of hotel to venture out for dinner.
Tips: valet is $25 a night but if you are parking between 6pm-8amon a week day there is free parking spots right across from valet most nights. Also be sure to check out Anise Gastropub only a few blocks from hotel.
Thanks to everyone at the hotel for making my stay awesome! I hope to return soon.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris_and_Krissy
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your outstanding review! Many Discovery Moments throughout to exceed the expectation. Our award winning associates build loyalty, one guest at a time.

It was our pleasure to serve and looking forward to your return!

Travel safe.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

As noted, the Meridien is housed in a very unique space, an old federal courthouse, which makes its public rooms and hallways quite grand. However, the check-in area is quite small, almost casual in appearance, blink and you'll miss it. While the staff was very pleasant, the gray color scheme of the rooms reminded me of the Aloft rooms I have stayed in, as did the shower-only bathroom setup and the 60s retro plastic chair. Note that the hotel is near the railroad tracks, so if you're a light sleeper you may hear the train come though downtown. One nit - I left my favorite charger in my room, and left a message with the housekeeping staff to let me know if they found it, but never heard back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you for taking time to review! Iconic juxtaposition of a federal courthouse into an award winning hotel certainly creates many Discover Moments throughout. Our HUB area located on the first floor is wrapped with LM100 artist video and arrival art coupled with the original judges bench as our business center. Wall covering with the original architectural drawings from 1905. As you progress to our 13 ft. ceilings with original marble certainly exceeds the expectation. Will be happy to add to your profile the room requests.

It was our pleasure to serve and please travel safe!

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The contemporary decor on the inside of this historic, European building is a surprise. It’s an interesting property. Our third floor room was dark with dark gray walls, high ceilings and white linens and window treatments. We had a small living area and were over the entrance. The city streets were not a bad view. The service was great and the bed very comfortable. It’s neat what they’ve done with the old building. We paid $400 for the night; seemed a little steep, but there were services we did not take advantage of that would have added value, I’m sure.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank jessica b
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review! Great descriptors you have chosen for our iconic hotel that was juxtaposed from a courthouse. Many Discovery Moments throughout that create an elevated experience and not just a stay.

Our award winning associates are passionate about building loyalty and it was our pleasure to serve.

Travel safe!