“Fantastic place for intimate dinner”
Review of Malio's

Malio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Malio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 14 January 2016

We originally were going to Bern's but couldn't get a reservation...this place was absolutely perfect for a romantic dinner, actually better than Bern's since we were celebrating our 40th anniversary. We had a fantastic private booth with terrific service. The food was perfect. Started out with Ceasar salads, we could have shared one, all fresh. Then ordered filet mignon and they were cooked to perfection, just the way we ordered them. We each ordered a side, the mushroom buttons and Malio's mashed potatoes. Both were fantastic and we couldn't finish either one in total. Finally we were given a complimentary crème brulee' with an anniversary wish to top off a perfect evening. Would absolutely suggest this restaurant for a special occasion, pricey but worth it.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

The staff is very friendly and the food is amazing! Its a great atmosphere and the outdoor covered patio is beautiful at night with the river-walk lights as a backdrop.

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Nice but quite hidden location overlooking the river. Good staff and a decent decor make for a good start. My food was fine as was my colleagues, but in a sector where there are so many stand out steakhouses at their price point I wasn't left feeling it was good enough to tell people they have to go. Let me be clear, there was nothing wrong with anything but neither my steak or lobster were amazing either. A safe choice but failed to impress me.

Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

We went for New Years Eve. The service was very good. I had asked for a table by the window and didn't realize the building air vents ran along the edge. We were a little cold and the waitress said those tables always have a problem with that. After moving tables we ordered a filet for me and the veal Milanese for my husband. He was very disappointed. They covered it in basalmic and it was too sticky sweet. My filet was cooked perfectly but unfortunately had no flavor. I don't think we would go back. For a good high end dinner I would choose another steak house.

1  Thank AGoodSun
Reviewed 27 December 2015

Enjoyed my dinner there as did my friends, we all had steak or seafood and everything was excellent. Very convenient to downtown Tampa attractions.

Been to Malio's? Share your experiences!