“Big group, last minute, go early”
Review of Cafe Dufrain

Cafe Dufrain
Ranked #95 of 2,581 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$12 - US$27
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe, Fusion, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe Dufrain is an award-winning, family-owned and operated waterfront restaurant. Established in 2003, Cafe Dufrain is known for its unique style, modern American seasonal cuisine, and diverse wine and craft beer selections. The restaurant and educated service team offer a relaxed and comforting dining room, full contemporary bar and package liquor available all while overlooking downtown Tampa’s scenic views. Walking distance from the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa Marriott Waterside, Embassy Suites Downtown and Westin Harbour Island. Pirate Water Taxi stop #4.
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Came by with family group of ten with no reservations.
We got there at 4:30 just before the dinner menu started at 5. The folks here were able to seat our large party and they shared the 5PM menu ahead of schedule.

I found it to be a bit of a strange menu. It’s like if you want a burger, you can’t really have just a standard burger... it’s slightly “fancier.” ... and that makes a difference between entrees that are $12 and $25...

We all shared a bunch of dishes, but I just had many refills of cab sauv, tuna toast, steak burger with a side of mac n cheese. The burger was standard and fine, but was surprised about the options I had for sides! That was my ‘wow’ moment.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

So many restaurants are so noisy it's had to sit down with friends and have a conversation. We went to this restaurant today on Harbor Island across from the Amalie Arena in the downtown area of Tampa. All around are numerous condos. When we entered in the back table was the Mayor of Tampa having lunch with a few associates. We sat on the patio. The weather was fantastic, blue skies, no humidity and 80 degrees. For lunch I had the Free Bird Cobb Salad with a perfectly cooked Grilled Chicken Breast, Mixed Green, Crisp Bacon, Chopped Hard Boiled Egg, Cheery Tomatoes, Avocado, Blue Cheese Crumbles a with a house made very tasty Blue Cheese Dressing. Great presentation and Great Taste. Very enjoyable lunch.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We had a very nice dinner before a concert at the Arena. Our reservation was at 6:30 but we arrived early, about 6:00 pm and there was plenty of seating. It got to about 75% full by 7 pm. We were seated immediately. Stephanie W was our waitperson and provided excellent service. I had the shrimp tacos (2) served with chips. My wife had an entree salad. We both enjoyed out meal. The menu is a little different so I suggest reviewing it before going. There is outside seating. The noise level is quiet even with the large windows open as there is basically no cars on the street. We enjoyed out meal.
We parked in a nearby public garage that had plenty of open places. The best way to walk to the Arena is to turn left at the water. It seems a shorter distance then turning right.

1  Thank RaleighNCtravel
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Stopped by this restaurant twice while I was in town for a conference. First time was planned, second time was based on the first. Portions were extremely generous, the meat was perfectly cooked both times. Strong drink selection, and great deserts ended the dining experience on a high note. Next time I'm back in Tampa, I'll be heading here!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

If you are staying in Harbor Island, this place is within walking distance. You go out for a nice short walk and visit this local restaurant that offers different types of dishes, most of them very tasty. I mean, everything I have tried here (except for the potato chips) has been really good. There is a nice atmosphere and you are right by the channel where you can relax by the water. Come here on a date night or to meet friends for a drink at the bar, or a family night. Stop by on a Friday or Saturday night and have a glass of wine and delicious food that won't leave you broke. One little thing is that you must make a reservation since it's a small restaurant. The Argentinian Style Steak, Dufrain Steak Burger and their salads are delicious.

Been to Cafe Dufrain? Share your experiences!