“Picked up food for dinner”
Review of Desi by Nature

Desi by Nature
Ranked #1,281 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Restaurant has a new name, thought i was going to Desi By Nature, it is now called Biryani Cafe. The strip mall it is in on Fowler Ave is really not a good location, bad neighborhood, however the inside to of the Cafe was very nice and the food was great! Fresh rice, delicious Butter chicken and the lamb vindaloo was good, just a bit too spicy. Garlic naan was good too. The staff was very nice. I might prefer to go there for the lunch buffet with a guy or even to use Grub Hub and have it delivered.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

This place has a nice simple and modern design. Tables, seats and floors were clean. It was quiet despite the high ceilings. We choose several dishes and the onion pakora to start. Pakora was excellent. Mutton biryani was very tender. Watch out for the bones! Butter chicken was very good. Rice was clearly fresh. We could tell that the breads were home made. Friendly staff. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

1. I specifically ordered food without heavy cream. I hate the taste of it. Despite that the food was loaded with it. They chef was briefed about it but he was unwilling to listen.

2. Portion sizes are extremely small. I would say kids sizes

3. Inventory. In the 45 minutes I was there, I heard them say they ran out to wheat flour, chicken etc.

4. Service is slow.

5. overall I am not going there ever,

Reviewed 9 February 2016

We accidentally stumbled upon this gem of a restaurant during our recent cruise to the Western Caribbean. We had booked into the Hyatt House and were hungry by the team we reached the hotel. I had seen an Indian grocery store - Patel Brothers and decided to stop by to pick up a few packets of cookies when I saw this wonderful restaurant next door. We were seated into a wonderful arrangement of plush sofas and chairs. We glanced at the menu - surprisingly very affordable as compared to the NJ Indian restaurant menus. We ordered Paneer Tikka , Chicken Curry, Roti and Rice and boy we were surprised at the quality and quantity of the food. The Paneer Tikka melted like butter and the chicken curry was amazing. With four happy tummies we left for the night. The next day we were back for lunch and guess what - they have a buffet !!! and what a buffet - they serve you hot and just cooked food right on your table. We started with appetizers - they offered us chaat , sev poori and bhel poori , followed by chhola bhatura , followed by lamb kababs, chicken tikka and we were full to our throats and wait - the main course had yet to arrive and so were the desserts. We had some main course (Lentils , Rice , Cauliflower, Potato , Mutton gravy , Chicken spinach) and had some carrot halwa. The total bill was less than 50 bucks for four of us !!!! Amazing value for money must say. We also packed up some biryani for dinner and the next day we went off on our cruise. On our return a week later , we again stopped by for lunch and I am missing the food so much here in NJ. Wish the owner Rishi Vohra opens up a franchise in NJ. Talking about Rishi , he is himself a great chef. Having learnt the ropes quick , he surely knows how to make customers happy. He cooks with the finest ingredients and personally talks to each guest as he wants to understand how the guest felt about the quality of the food. He has a great hand in churning out Indian delicacies and is ably assisted by his group of staff. A must visit to Tampa I must say. Five stars for the wonderful restaurant - one each for Quality , Quantity , Freshness, Ambience/ Comfort and Pricing.
I also read other reviews in yelp and all of them are 5 star reviews... Its comforting to find a nice clean good restaurant that offers quality Indian food in Tampa.

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

We're lucky to have lots of great Indian restaurants in the Tampa area, but this is our favorite for lunch. We've visited at least five times since they opened and the food is always fresh, light and incredible flavorful. The lunch "buffet" is also served in small, numerous dishes that are just the right size for sharing and they will happily bring extra of your favorites. Don't let the location in a non-descript shopping center dissuade you from stopping; the interior is very nicely decorated and always very clean. The owner and head chef place a great deal of pride in the restaurant and it's a real gem.