US$158
US$139
US$116
US$98
Hampton.com
West Wing Boutique Hotel(Tampa)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$93
AscendHotels
US$107
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$189
  • Pool
US$94
US$111
US$101
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$209
US$195
Priceline
1,631 results
All reviewsshula's steakhouseoffice buildingrooftop poolpanera breadmall across the streetmini barpf changsself parkingfour starbusiness hotelwestshore plazaclose to the airportfront desk stafffitness centerlobby areainternational plazashuttle service
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I'm a Marriott Platinum Premier member whose account is linked to my SPG account. I was sent to this hotel earlier the week due to a recent fire at the Marriott property I was supposed to be staying at this week (why I wasn't notified until arriving at that hotel until 8PM on Monday night after having checked in online the day before is another story).

When I arrived, the valet parker outside offered to help me with my belongings, but I thanked him and said I'd get them after checking in. The clerk at the front desk who checked me in and put me on a high floor, as is in my profile. The room had two queen beds instead of a king as reserved, but I was tired after a full day of work and the hassle of having to go to a second hotel, so I elected to just keep the room, grin, and bear it.

When I asked whether there was a concierge lounge on property, or if I needed some sort of coupon for the continental breakfast, he told me that breakfast wasn't included at my rate (Marriott is paying for my room). When I politely suggested that my membership level for both Marriott or SPG Platinum provided for at least a continental breakfast, he insisted that at the rate Marriott was paying for my room, I got nothing, and that I should take it up with the hotel I had just come from if I had a problem with that. He also pointedly said, "Well, I AM giving you free Internet," something else that Platinum guests get anyway. The breakfast itself is trivial - but the attitude of this snippy clerk, on top of everything else, was trying to say the least.

So I went to my room - a nice enough, if dated room (no plug accessible at the desk without crawling under it, no USB connections for charging devices anywhere in the room). After continuing to get messages saying my room number and/or name were incorrect while trying to connect to the Internet, I called the front desk for some help. I made light of it, saying that even though I was tired, I was reasonably confident i was in the right room, and knew my own name. After some checking, he asked me how I spelled my last name. It's short and not complicated, but he had transposed two letters in it when he checked me in. So I said that I'd just enter that name rather than ask him to change the registration.

Short version: the Internet service was glacial. I called downstairs to report the service problem and was informed that no one else on the floor had complained about the speed of the service. I bit my tongue and asked that someone please check the router servicing my part of the floor in the morning. I used a Verizon MiFi device I carry for just such occasions, and went to bed.

I went to Shula's Steak House in the hotel for breakfast, with my backpack on one shoulder and a newspaper in hand. When I told the server who greeted me that I was one for breakfast, he tried seating me at a small round table with a top about the size of a silver dollar. I politely asked for something larger so that I could ready the paper and eat, and was placed in another room at a larger table. Once my order was put in front of me, I never saw my server again - no coffee refill, nothing. I had to flag him down to get my check.

The next night, I logged onto the Internet, only to discover that it was still operating at dial-up like speed. Again, I pulled out the MiFi device, did what I needed to do, and went to bed.

I tried the hotel Internet again tonight, to no avail. Using speedtest.net and a local server, my download speeds were 0.3Mb/s and 0.9 Mb/s, with latency of 133ms and 34ms on my MacBook Pro.

And unless you want to spend $27 a night for valet parking, you have to drive around the back of the hotel and up into a dark, smelly, multi-level parking lot shared with the City Center complex of offices and shops. The elevators in the hotel are slow, and often filled to overflowing with tourists from abroad.

This was one of those stays that started under unfortunate circumstances, but needn't have been as unpleasant as it was. I would never stay here again at any rate, and recommend that business travelers needing a hotel somewhat near the Tampa airport (not downtown) to try the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, the Renaissance at the International Plaza Mall, or even the Marriott Residence Inn or Courtyard nearby.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
James H, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Pointman_FL,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at The Westshore Grand. I was concerned to read your feedback and we are truly sorry and certainly disappointed to hear about the perception you are left with about our staff and accommodations. Every process is put into place to ensure our guests have a satisfactory stay, and based on your feedback, we certainly did not accomplish our goal during your time with us. Your feedback will be shared with our team so that we can identify any areas where we can improve our operation. Thank you again for your time and we hope to have another chance to better your experience in the future.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Great place to stay. And Free parking. Friendly staff greeted us as SPG members free upgrade and room was fantastic. beautiful atrium very close to airport 5 mins. NIce pool on 9th floor heated. I would recommend this for any travel in the Tampa area.

Room Tip: all rooms would be a great location the glass elevators really are nice as you go up to your rooms
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2017

We booked a 7 night stay at on Groupon at the Westshore Grand in mid November. The Hotel is part of a Business office building and has a very cool open concept vibe. Our SPG Platinum status was recognized at check-in, and we received a room upgrade as well as a fantastic breakfast buffet each morning ($21.00 value). The workout facilities are very good, and we made use of them throughout the week.

I reached out to management over a minor issue with our room and was graciously thanked. Our room was again upgraded to a Junior Suite, luggage was moved into the new room seamlessly. We were even treated to a cheese tray and chocolate mini Grande Piano plate upon arrival.

We noted 2 standout points from our stay: 1. Hotel Cleanliness 2. Great Service. The staff here really looked after us: Lisa, at Check in was courteous and accommodating. Jerald, Randall and Sam(antha), at Shulas for breakfast each morning, were friendly and attentive. Anna, in housekeeping was thorough and helpful. James Hellman, in management was a real hero, who went well beyond what was expected to make our stay at the Westshore Grand as good as it could be.

The Hotel is not perfect. The middle elevator (of 3) was often not functioning. The roof top pool area off the 9th floor is initially pretty cool place to hang out, but the water in the pool was freezing cold. There is not a hot tub on the property. The parking for the hotel is in a Parking Garage located behind the hotel, and could be confusing to guests.

Everything considered, this is a GREAT property who treat their guests very well. I look forward to returning soon.

DDP

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are large and make for a great stay!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Thank D. Douglas P
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Such a good deal for 89 per night. Check in was easy as I did it by mobile. Once I arrived at the hotel, the key was ready for me. Had a nice city and bay view at the 10th floor. However, had to downgrade to the atrium view on the 6th floor as neighboring guests were quite noisy. However, the staff apologized with breakfast coupons at the Shula lounge, which was a nice gesture. The 6th floor room was quite nice as well with a plush king size bed, 49 inch tv, small working desk, and an otterman chair. Tv had good channels, but surprisingly the premium channels were only available at the fitness center. The bathroom was quite nice with a heavenly bath quality shower and lemon verbana bath amenities. Bathroom was quite clean too, but the drain was slow for the shower. The public amenities are quite nice and hip with beautiful fountains in the building and courtyard. The fitness center was well equipped with various treadmills, step machines, bikes, weights, exercise balls, and other equipment. The pool is a bit small, but provides nice views of the bay at the 9th floor. Shula breakfast was good with some hot and cold items, but expensive at 21 dollars if I had to pay for it. It did include eggs though. I have not tried the no name lounge bar yet. Overall, this is one of my favorite hotels to stay in Tampa. I have stayed when it was a Sheraton and the Intercontinental, but the Tribute Portfolio chain does a good job maintaining the 4 star status. Will definitely stay here again, especially if it is under 100 per night.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Found what I thought was great online hotel deal ---Expecting to get some rest after traveling to Tampa for a funeral. That wasn't the case --
All doing the night I kept hearing the strange noise, and called the front desk to ask if my room was over a laundry-room or something?? A guy who answered (Josh???) said I wasn't near the laundry room.
Finally, after not being able to sleep from the noise, I decided to take my shower and go downstairs to speak to someone in person. However, the knob on the shower wasn't working properly - OMG - finally got the dang thing to work.
Exhausted - I proceeded to the front desk and asked Jewell for a Manager on duty, but was told no one would be there until around 7 a.m. I then asked for an engineer to check the room, and he happen to be there when I was checking out. He checked the room and said the noise was coming from the elevator - the bearing was worn. Thus, making noise every time someone would use the elevator - Go Figure?? And the knob on the shower was loose.
I asked if a Manager would call me via my cell since I was traveling , and was also told someone would contact me later that day . Did you hear from anyone cause I didn't!!
No SLEEP at ALL..Definitely, Not what I paid for !!

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevator Noticed only two out of three elevators working
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Elaine W
James H, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Elaine W,

First and foremost, please accept my sincerest apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had during your time with us. Please know that what you describe here is not the level of service expected of our employees and our product. We apologize for the inconveniences you were caused as a result of our elevators and the shower. We have since addressed the issue with our Engineering team to ensure all rooms are fully operational for our guests’ enjoyment. We really appreciate the constructive criticism, and will constantly work towards meeting that expectation that we proudly set among all our guests.