All reviewsbooked this hotel last minuteclimate controlsausage pattiesking bedtwo night staybreakfast areastayed for two nightsroom was cleanhot itemsshopping and restaurantsan older propertymini fridgerooms are largeshort drivegreat customer servicefirst floorfree breakfast
Reviewed 6 May 2018

This hotel looked good from the outside, but was far from good in the rooms. The desk chair was so worn, the only thing holding the padding in was the mess. The showers were clogged with calcium, the room needed a complete upgrade. The only bright spot in this hotel was the help staff. They did their best to assist. Management needs to go through room by room to correct the problems they have. When I requested additional pillows, the front desk stated they didn't have any. Wow, at a hotel? imagine not having pillows.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Stayed here last weekend. Very cool looking hotel, clean it appeared to be, nice soothing colors, nice furniture. We settled into the room for a lil bit, wife took shower, while she was doing that I chilled on the bed in front of the TV. Kept getting bit, scratching like crazy. Finally, I got up and looked at the bed and saw 3 tiny bugs moving about. I don't know what bed bugs looked like up until that point as I googled bed bugs and was frightened. Oh no, all I could think is taking these damn things home with me. We notified Theresa (Desk Agent), she came up to take a look and moved us to another room across the hotel, next floor up. Mind you, this is close to 930 at night, we were headed out for a family even and didn't have the time to search out another hotel. We stayed, noticed one dead bug the next morning in our new room. But, just be careful and keep an eye out on your next visit. I would say, that if I owned a hotel that I would pay Theresa good money to manage it. She handled the situation very well. Also, beware of some lady of the night activity too. Didn't bother us, but there are some, quite obvious.

Room Tip: I would have given 5 stars for cleanliness w/o bed bugs.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank georgekJ9928RK
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had a relatively comfortable stay. Front desk employees were all exceptionally friendly. The room was very clean. You can tell it is an older hotel that they have refurbished. They did a really good job. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Cons: room smelled a little bad, showed up for breakfast towards the end (still during the scheduled time) and there wasn't much left including coffee, most of the noise came from housekeeping in the hallways (very loud), and they have the comforters that are not sealed in a duvet. So basically it's a sheet, a comforter, a coverlet. I don't like this kind of bedding. I'm sure they don't strip the entire bed and replace it with fresh bedding.
Overall - this was a good price for a two night stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2018

My wife, my sister-in-law and I were visiting family in Tampa and needed a hotel for the night. We didn’t want to pay an arm and a leg but we didn’t want a fleabag joint either. After checking out TA reviews on the most economical midrange options we opted for the Comfort Suites Tampa-Brandon. The AARP price seemed reasonable and we received a further $20 per room discount by booking both rooms at the same time under one name. It came out to $125 per room before tax and $141 after tax. Not bad for a major tourist stop in Florida in early March.

Deb at the front desk was very personable and pleasant as she checked us in. Despite arriving at 4:15 (75 minutes after the stated check-in time) the rooms weren’t quite ready but Deb expedited the housekeeping process for us. As we made our way to our rooms we couldn’t help noticing that it was an older property. A cursory glance at our rooms confirmed that observation but we kept an open mind. Often the older places have more going for them than the newer ones, and that turned out to be the case here.

Outside its obvious age and few cracks and peels, there was a lot to like about our king suite rooms. Our rooms were *very* spacious and, like the rest of the hotel, spotlessly clean. In the utility area, there was not only a mike and large mini-fridge but also a small sink. There were 2 separate closet areas to hang clothes and place suitcases. The AC/climate control looked very new. The work desk was adequately sized and had several outlets for fast charging of all our electronics. The king bed was very comfy and gave us both a good night’s sleep. The bathroom was likewise uncramped and the vanity spacious. Dependable hot water and pressure for my shower. Twin ottomans beside a nice wide sofa that could double as a hide-a-bed if necessary. No traffic noise despite facing onto a busy street. I could go on but suffice it to say that the feature set of this room was rich.

Breakfast was a pleasant surprise. The selection was decent and the hot items I sampled (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage) were tasty. Coffee and juice likewise hit the spot and didn’t upset my delicate stomach. There were several little touches that I appreciated, especially the apples that were washed and then saran-wrapped to keep them hygienic from guest handling. There was a staff member dedicated strictly to the breakfast room and she often got additional help from floaters. It all added up to an unexpectedly nice food service.

The hotel grounds were nicely maintained and there was a pool that I didn’t have the opportunity to try. Checkout was as pleasant and efficient as check-in; we were on our way in no time.

When we looked at the price, value and feature set of this property, we thought we did quite well. We rate it at 4 stars out of 5 and would stay again if prices remained comparable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2018

We have stayed at Comfort Suites in the past and have been pleased and we were pleased with this stay as well. The suite is divided into three areas...one for the bed, one for the sofa and one for the bath. Our room had two closets one on both ends. We were on the first level and though on a busy road the building is far enough off that there is little road noise. The location near restaurants is helpful. Also the location is close to
I 75 so it is easy to find. The breakfast area is of a good size with the usual choice hotels selection.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family