“the sports hotel”

Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
Ranked #138 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 21 January 2017

if you are going to a lightning and or a bucs game is there a closer hotel to the event?i think not .it is clean has a continental breakfast and is priced well .10 out of 10.careful about checking in before 3 they just would not do it for us.

Stayed: January 2017
4  Thank Maria L

Reviewed 16 January 2017

One wash cloth and hand towel in room,no ice machines(told to walk to another hotel for ice) no WIFI in room, wrong info on pickup location at airport, refrig in room broken, not ready for checkin on tine,no regular coffee available in room only decaf.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paulette P
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

I booked the hotel on Hotwire. Seemed like a good deal. I usually can a nice hotel through them. This was an ill-fated stay from the second I arrived. I was able to check in early but once I got to my room the bad things happened. My room smelled smokey. I thought maybe this is how the hotel smelled. No. The person at the front desk put me in a smoking room and I wanted non smoking. Apparently, if you book on Hotwire they put you in a smoking room automatically. I was moved into another room. This room was non smoking. It did, however, have a few questionable stains on the carpet and it had ants and the bed was not as good. I went back to the lobby and I told the front desk about the bugs and they said they would take care of it. When I went back to my new room, my key stopped working. I tried it multiple times and I called the hotel from my cell since I just got back from moving all of my things from the other room. They sent down maintenance. They tried to open the door but couldn't get it to work correctly as well. I asked to be moved once again to a third room. I finally got a room with a good bed and cleaner carpet. Still had ants though. I got some bug spray and took care of it. When I took a shower, the water did this weird pulsing. I checked the shower head and made sure it was set correctly. It was. The water just came out funny. Also, no consistency in the rooms. Some rooms had irons and ironing boards while others just had the iron. None of the drawers worked on the furniture. Everything seemed off track. The plugs are not conveniently located so you can use them some of the electrical outlet covers need to be replaced. The biggest problem was that the hotel was supposed to have free wifi. We'll it does, just not in the rooms. You have to go to the lobby to use it.

The rooms are clean and the staff was friendly and helpful but having the ants and the overall poor quality of the building is concerning. The building is old. Needs to be repaired on the outside. There are several rooms with the locks removed because they have decommissioned those rooms. You can't go in them but it's a lot of rooms that are unusable. This place needs regular pest control and updates to the fixtures. Some of the carpets need to be replaced. I know it's Econo but it doesn't have to be squalor.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Stayed here back in December. The staff were friendly. But the hotel rooms are very old and dirty. I smelled cigar in a non smoking room. But they quickly changed us to another room. Unfortunately the other room was dirty too.
I woudn't recommend for families with kids.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night while awaiting my flight. Starting to look rundown and needs a good cleaning and to be updated. Rooms are quiet, was there during the NCAA championship football game and didn't here too much noise. Bed was comfortable but the room and everything in it was a but musty and warn out.
The staff were not very friendly and there is nothing in the immediate area to do without a car.... Except if you want to buy a car at one of the dealerships next door.
If you like pizza it should be easy to find as I had 5 flyers shoved under my door.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Tampa hotels
0.1 km away
Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel
5 km away
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Tampa - Airport West
3.3 km away
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
4.1 km away
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
2.8 km away
Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore
4.1 km away
Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

Address: 4732 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614-6509 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)
Region: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #138 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Price Range: RM272 - RM347 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Airport At Rj Stadium Hotel Tampa