“Bad Hotel- rundown”

Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
Ranked #138 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Due to the current construction. NO WIFI in Rooms.
I ask for a NO smoking room and got a smoking room. Went back to from desk and changed rooms. The Second room did not smell that good and the refrigeration/Phone did not work . To many device plug into power strips, fire hazard.
the furniture was OLD and falling apart. the Brick outside stairways was falling apart and smell of urine. I cancel my stay and left.

Room Tip: The 700 block of rooms sucks , however they are in the process of remodeling the 800 block
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Stayed here for our cruise. Checked in was fine wt the guy but v bad when weve checked out wt the lady who has curly black hair. She was rude and doesnt know how to handle the guest. She said we didnt book our bus for pick up to go cruise port but it was confirmed by the guy who checked in us and even we paid for it. Ended up waiting for the bus driver. Bus driver not friendly at all. I only like the locatn. Not coming back again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel was dirty and we had to get two different rooms because the first room key didn't work so we had a second set of keys made they didn't work either so they moved us to another room. The cover on the bed on one of the beds had cum stains on it and it was disgusting!!! I cannot believe that the cleaning people made that bed and saw that and did not change the comforter! It was absolutely the first thing you saw when looking at the bed. The only good things I can say about this place is that the girl at the front desk was very nice and the security guard that had to walk me to the hotel next door to get a drink from the machines because none of the machines worked at this hotel, was very nice and our shuttle drivers from and to the airport were very nice. The beds were decently comfortable and at least the sheets and pillows were clean. Other than that I would give this hotel a negative 10 stars because it was disgusting. If we hadn't been so short on time we would have most definitely moved to another hotel.

1  Thank Shana M
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I am still traumatized as I write this review. Decided to stay at the Econolodge last minute after my flight was canceled out of Tampa airport. When I saw the price ($71) I figured it could be bad but the Econolodge was HORRIBLE. After being exhausted from a 7 hour flight we arrived into our room and were first greeted by roaches. I soon learned that the room had NO toilet paper, dirty towels, a black bathtub, and what looked like roach droppings along the walls. The room smelled like it should have been condemned and had mold covering the ceiling. Most disgusting place I have ever been to, let alone expected to sleep at. Fortunately, we were able to escape the horror and get a full refund. I still shiver and want to crawl out of my skin just thinking about this hotel. Do yourself a favor, and choose anywhere but the Econolodge.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

If i could give it negative stars i would. Ive stayed here plenty because i could overlook the not so clean rooms or bugs or ants in lobby. But this last stay there my husbands phone was in our room and it was taken when bed was changed. We talked to housekeepers front desk hotels.com choice hotels and the manager was never available. Everyone refused to even tell us where laundry goes. The phone was on and fully charged but we could not call or track it because SOMEONE had turned it off after it disappeared from room. I am getting the run around from everybody and deserve a refund from my 4 nights there or the price of the 300 dollar phone. All our family pics and contacts were on that phone it is utter bullcrap. If the manager will ignore us i will leave bad reviews everywhere so everyone knows how horrible this has been. We know beyond a shadoe of a doubt the phone was on and fully charged and on bed and suddenly it is turned off and going to voicemail and is untraceable. Someone had to have taken it. It could not have been accidently turned off. You have to hold button in and then hit power off or remove otterbox case then remove battery. It was deliberate.

1  Thank Janna J
Travellers also viewed these Tampa hotels
0.1 km away
Tampa Stadium Airport Hotel
3.3 km away
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
5 km away
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Tampa - Airport West
4.1 km away
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Memorial Hwy.
4.1 km away
Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport
2.9 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport

Been to Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

Address: 4732 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614-6509 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)
Region: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #138 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Price Range: RM273 - RM369 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Airport At Rj Stadium Hotel Tampa