“Great Food Combinations & Comfortable Atmosphere”

Currents Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 153 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fresh fare created daily with seasonal ingredients. Handcrafted cocktails, Daily Happyhour. The place to go for an intimate dining experience. Best of the Bay winner 2012-2017. Best burger EVER. Catering for all occasions.
Reviewed 22 December 2017

The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable and we enjoyed the artsy feel about the place. The food and drinks were very good but I wish we would have had an experienced server. She couldn't answer some of our questions with any certainty which was unfortunate because this was our first visit. They had barrel aged cocktails which we really enjoy and they offered a flight of them but she couldn't tell us what they were. I had a peach Moscow that was fantastic and my husband had the old fashioned. We asked what was on the charcuterie board and she said there was a fontina cheese, pickles and some peppers stuffed with goat cheese. We indicated that we didn’t like goat cheese and she said that we could probably substitute for blue cheese. There was no mention of any meat but we thought we would try it anyway. It came out and it was beautiful and it was large enough for four people. I'm assuming the chef brought it out because she named everything that was on the board. The pickled onions and carrots were seasoned to perfection. We don't normally eat raw onions and we would have asked for them to be removed if it had been mentioned but I'm glad they were left on the board. The sweet cucumbers had just a hint of sweetness which was refreshing. There was a large amount of the meat and cheeses. Great Board! The fried green tomato stack was presented beautifully and tasted delicious. The tomato was nice and crisp with a dollop of avocado topped with a nice chunk of fresh crab meat drizzled with a balsamic reduction. My husband doesn't care for tomatoes and he really enjoyed it. The bowl of bisque soup was large enough for us to share. It had a thick creamy consistency and was full of flavor. I used a toast from the charcuterie board as croutons for the soup. The house salad came with a white vinaigrette which had a smooth creamy texture with a slight sweet after taste. I don't know what they put in this but it was amazing! I put the leftover blue cheese from the charcuterie board on my salad and it was great! Fresh bread was brought out with the salad. It was similar to a French baguette but more dense and it was accompanied with what we assumed was a flavored olive oil of some sort. We overheard the other server talk about the two specials so we asked our server and she told us that the trio special was a filet, salmon & shrimp and the other was a shrimp & pasta dish with a lobster sauce. The trio had very good portions of filet, salmon and shrimp. The entrees were presented beautifully and everything was very fresh and seasoned to perfection.
We will be back to try out some of the other menu items.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

currents has improved from my review of a few years ago - they have added some good craft beers . Food and service continue to be excellent. also it is fun to visit the shops nearby , some of which have very nice used items from fine china and glassware to furniture and nice clothing. Tarpon Springs is a favorite place to wander!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Small restaurant, intimate feel, enough space between tables for privacy. Excellent food and presentation! Great service, too.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

A place that is ahead of its time in this cool village of Tarpon Springs Florida. Unbelievable cocktails. Bar tenders. Food? Forgetabout it must do. I spend a ton on places so less than this. Make it happen!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I was recently at Currents for a Greek baby baptism. It was wonderful. The service was quick (the family reserved the entire restaurant for the event), the food was hot and delicious. I was thoroughly impressed with the entire afternoon. I will definitely be returning to Currents.

1  Thank Kathryn C