“Dimitri Rates a F, for failure”

Dimitri's on the Water Greek Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 136 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Greek Seafood Steakhouse Tarpon Springs The most beautiful backdrops of all, Dimitri's on the Water Greek Seafood Steakhouse Tarpon Springs is serving a New Greek Experience!" Nestled centrally on the World Famous Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks, Dimitri's offers guests waterfront dining alongside the Anclote River near the mouth of the Gulf of Mexico. Award-winning Executive Chef Demetrios Salivaras was inspired and encouraged by his father, Andreas, and late mother, Rene Salivaras. Demetrios Salivaras purchased his Greek Seafood Steakhouse Tarpon Springs restaurant in 2009, and it is considered today, one of the premier dining establishments in Tarpon Springs, Florida. "Proper preparation prevents poor performance," Demetrios believes, and guests concur that the cuisine and the service are of the highest quality in the area.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Four had lunch, the experience, should Never be repeated, we waited 90 minutes for our meal which was sandwiches, the Gyros, Slovakia, were haphazard placed on a plate with no garnish, no care was given the meat was over cooked . When we asked the waiter where are meal was he said not my fault, kitchen does what it wants, and left, he did not check back with us, or offer any apology, his attitude was why are you bothering me. since Tips means to To Insures Prompt Service, we left him nothing ! Upon walking out we discouraged others from eating there who were looking at the outdoor menu. I discourage you the readers of this review, forgo the water view it is not worth the fair food and very poor service.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

After a delightful boat ride, we stopped for dinner at Dimitri's. Server was helpful recommending several dishes. My moussaka was excellent as was the Greek soup and Greek salad. My husband enjoyed the Greek sampler plate and our grandson loved his chicken soulvaki. Highly recommend for Greek food.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 6 April 2021

I love Mediterranean food! As I was searching Tarpon Springs I saw this restaurant and knew we had to go. There were 4 of this for this meal, including a restaurant owner/chef. All 4 of us thought the food was so incredibly fresh and tasted fabulous and so reasonably priced. Not only was the food incredible the service was top notch. I could dine here every night of the week.

Reviewed 1 April 2021

Saw this and wanted to go because it was on the water. Too bad, so did everyone else! Not to worry, we sat inside, a couple of tables from the deck and had a great meal.
My wife and I like to try things so we decided to try the traditional Greek Salad (large)and the Gyro in a pita. Our friends also got the Greek Salad (small) and Spanokopita. When their salad arrived we thought is was for us because it was so large. Then ours came - it was HUGE! 3 blocks of feta and all the other traditional Greek Salad ingredients (no lettuce). We ate some and took the rest home and it was a dinner salad the next day for all 4 of us.
The gyro in pita was large and delicious - we finished that off.
Service was great, food was great! Opa!

Reviewed 23 March 2021 via mobile

I have to say the leg of lamb that I was served was an embarrassment.....to the point the waiter gave us a desert. For a $90 lunch.....we didn't care about the bil...a $19 entree served as just piece's of meat on a plate in a very thin liquid (sauce) was just not right. I wanted to like the place...the waiter was good, the atmosphere was authentic, but for the money, I'd say you can do better elsewhere.