“A gem in a corner”
Review of Yankee Bean

Yankee Bean
Ranked #35 of 153 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Yankee Bean quietly opened its doors in October, 2006. Nestled in a corner of small town Tarpon Springs, Florida, Yankee Bean has grown by word of mouth. Raised in traditional Greek & Italian homes, we have honored our grandparents with our way of cooking. We rely on our family tradition of fresh ingredients & good taste - which has proven timeless. We make trips to the market everyday and handpick only the freshest seasonal ingredients - to make our soup the best you've ever had! A mixture of freshness, quality, & consistency is our recipe for success!
Reviewed 8 February 2017

If somebody did not tell you about this hidden gem, you would never find it.
We were so impressed with the quality, I didn't mind the above cost. Everything is homemade, soups to sandwiches. It's only open until 2, but, having been in the business, they are doing a fabulous job.
The chalkboard has at least 4-5 homemade soups everyday.
I would recommend Yankee Bean for all foodies.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

I live a couple of blocks from this restaurant and havent tried it because it is kind of set out of the way. Somehow I found their Facebook and got on there email list and special sounded so good I had to try it today. Tried two different sandwiches that were specials.. Both were very good. I was surprised at the cost, $10 each for sandwiches. It came with a small side of potato salad which with a bit more seasoning would have been very good. I love sour potato salad but it was so bland. My corn beef and cheese with grilled onions was delicious and twice as big as I needed for a lunch. My friend had the California Cuban and it was very good. The small restaurant was clean and neat and I was greeted by friendly staff. I am looking forward to trying the soups.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

I had a vegetarian Ruben yesterday. It was fabulous! Carmelized onions, small amount of sauerkraut, fresh wilted spinach, grilled mushrooms, swiss cheese, and some kindof zingy thousand island dressing with just the right amount of kick, grilled on pumpernickle bread (or maybe they used a sandwich press?). Not too greasy (used just the right amount of butter on the outside of the bread) and I'm in love with that sandwich! My husband ordered a regular ruben with corned beef. He liked it, but he realized later their menu sports 6 different types of Cuban sandwiches (a Tampa-area favorite) and next time he wants to start trying them. This restaurant gives you a free beverage on Wednesdays. Seating is VERY limited so get ready if you don't find a seat around lunchtime since the locals all go here. The waitress was soooo friendly. This was my second time eating there and I can't wait to go back next time I'm in Tarpon Springs.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

OK, so this restaurant isn't much to look at. It's a small cinder block building that's easy to miss on Alt 19. But the food and the people who make it are the real deal. There are usually four to six freshly made soups in this family-owned restaurant offered every day, and they are made with integrity and expertise. The tomatoes for the tomato soups are roasted. The stocks are homemade. The owners/chefs are right there every day making your food.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Limited menu, but the food is good. The prices are high, in my opinion, but the quality makes up for it. Friendly and fast service for take-out customers (very small dine-in section.) I'll go back again! :)