“A Great Time”

Sailing the Sunset - Sailing School
More attraction details
Owner description: Sailing the Sunset provides an outstanding sailing adventure in the sailing venues of the Florida Keys , the Great Lakes, and the Virgin Islands. Life on a sailboat is much bigger than just sailing with snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, star-gazing , great food, and all-inclusive packages. Count on a boatload of fun, and personal inspiration that changes you for the better.
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My wife and I recently embarked on a five day learning to sail excursion with Bob and Ann. We not only had fun seeing the Keys but learned sailing basics and got to spend some wonderful time with lovely people. My biggest concern was that our lack of sailing knowledge would impinge on the fun, but with the paitient teaching and pactice that Bob and Ann provided, along with the good food and company, there was no lack of fun or learning. If you are thinking the Keys, and you wanted to learn how to sail, this organization can make it happen.
I will make a couple suggestions for first timers:
Get a hotel room for the night after you get back off the boat. You will want to take some time to adjust and get clean up for where ever your travels may take you next.
Take advantage of the chance to snorkle. Bob and Ann will accomadate this on longer trips so it is a perfect opportunity to swim correl reefs.
Read the book! If you were like me and knew next to nothing about sailing, take the time to read before just jumping into it. There is a whole vocabulary to learn and it is helpful to have this.

Date of experience: June 2012

Reviewed 4 June 2012

In life, one has expectations. Often we temper them so that we aren't disappointed. In the case of our coures+cruising aboard Selah with Ann and Bob, I actually had high hopes based on our communications with them and thoroughness of their preparations. Well, the week aboard Selah exceeded those expectations many-fold! My wife Robin and I had fun, we learned a ton, we were fed like guests at a 5-star B&B, we were encouraged to be hands-on, we laughed our butts off...well, you get the idea. If you want to be a better sailor and a better person, by all means go sailing with Ann and Bob aboard Selah.

Date of experience: May 2012
1  Thank Helmsman
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Bob and Ann, Your sail boat is beautiful and very clean you both do a great job. Ann i was amazed watching you hoist the sail what strength you have. And what a gracious hostess, lunch was wonderful and the evening snack of cheese, crackers and the fruit was perfect. Bob your just so laid back making sure were on track standing at the helm. Thank you for letting me take over for a while I really enjoyed it. Snorkeling was awesome we saw so many beautiful fish. The sun never came out, but just being out to sea was so relaxing. Thank you, had a great time, can't wait to do it again!!!
Mary A

Date of experience: February 2012
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This was my first time sailing and I can't believe how much I enjoyed it. I'm sure that had a lot to do with Captains Bob + Ann. They make you feel at home out there on the ocean and they have a natural way of explaining everything which makes it easier than I had expected. In addition the Captains are great to hang out with, they are calm and patient with beginners. It was an incredible experience - I am addicted, so I will be back for more!!!

Date of experience: October 2011