Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites(Treasure Island)
US$245
SunsetVistas.com
Treasure Island Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$244
US$250
US$209
Book now, pay at stay
US$145
Hotels.com
Surf Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
US$306
US$238
Hotels.com
South Beach Condo/Hotel(Treasure Island)
US$235
US$220
Orbitz.com
Sunset Inn & Cottages(Treasure Island)
US$180
The Bungalows(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$128
Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$130
All reviewsenglish cottageboat dockold floridaholiday inngas grillthe maintenance manjohns passwasher dryerjefferyshalafishingdolphinsvacationcookoutintercoastalpoolsidepublix
Reviewed 17 October 2015

Great location with lush gardens and hidden away on a quiet street.
You could easily overlook it waking by.
Enjoyed the close proximity to the beach.

Having a second television in the bedroom was nice, so that we both could enjoy whatever programs we wanted.

Fished, liked the dock and the birds and saw dolphins. Did nothing and relaxed in the sun.

No problems. No Complaints. Very Satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank AlGreenn87
whersuch, Owner at Whispers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2015

Hi Al,

So nice of you to submit a review,

Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,

Best wishes

Jeffrey and Sharda

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed for the labor day weekend arriving late friday night, Noone was there but we knew what apartment was ours #7 family stayed in the car while I went to check out the apartment to my surprise it was very nice inside Morgan had left the ac on for us and the place was nice and cool. #7 is a 2 bedroom with a sofa bed, full kitchen and 1 bathroom very comfortable for 5 people. Each bedroom and living room had TV's and the beds were very comfortable. The kitchen had enough pots and pans to cook whatever you needed, not that we cooked much just breakfast. The pool area and the dock were great, all of the family's that were there that weekend were very nice and friendly. The gas grill that was at the pool deck was dirty but a little bit of cleaning and some aluminum foil were plenty for us to have a nice cookout on saturday. The dock was very nice for some fishing even at night plenty of lights. We weren't able to meet the owners because they were out of town but the assistant Morgan was there Saturday morning and she was very helpful. Oh i almost forgot this place is very pet friendly that was the main reason we stayed here we will definitely be back in the future. The only con I can think of is that the entrance to the apartments is very dark and the vegetation is a little wild but with some lights and some tree trimming Whispers Resort is 5 staring my book

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
whersuch, Owner at Whispers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Hi, Guys,

This is Jeffrey and Sharda.

We are sorry that we missed you all. We are in Finland and I just picked up your review and I want to say thank you so much.

Morgan, our friend is taking great care of Whispers while we are away and your comments will no doubt really make her feel great.

So thank you so much for doing that and Sharda and I look forward to meeting you on the next visit to Whispers.

Best wishes

Jeffrey and Sharda

Reviewed 7 September 2015

We stayed at this place a few years ago. Now, every year, (on my way to and from our home state of NH) once in October and once in April, I make a special side trip to Whispers just to see if it's worth another stay, I DO love the location! (I visit a Tampa friend so it's not a big inconvenience.) Whispers is worse than ever. I get out of my car, wander around the property, take a few photos, see if any improvements have been made. Nope, not in 2015, 2014, 2013 or any of the other times I visited since our stay.
When we arrived for our stay, Unit 1 was absolutely filthy. We complained and requested a new room. We were refused. I have a disability and requested a room WITHOUT a step. We were refused. Our room was the only one WITH a step, at the entry to the very pretty private gazebo-like area. We were still refused a different room. We asked to have the room cleaned. Sharda came to clean. She is not very skilled at cleaning. The concrete patio furniture was broken. Jeffrey came to fix it with Gorilla Glue. He is not very skilled at repairs. We finally bought cleaning supplies and made the best of a horrible situation. My foot caught underneath the barrier of the gazebo through which you must pass in order to enter unit one and I fell, injuring my ankle; (my disability is one of mobility) and even then, we were refused a new room. Our vacation budget had already been paid to Jeffrey and Sharda, so we could not move to another lodging facility.
Please do not believe that Jeffrey Solomon has never received any complaints about this dreadful place and it's lack of cleanliness and maintenance, it is not true. DO believe all the reviews from unhappy "guests". Please read the "unhappy reviews" and you will note that Jeffrey personally responds to many unfavorable reviews using phrases such as: "We have never received any complaints". These statements can be found in several replies from Jeffrey Solomon to unflattering reviews that he posted to their Trip Advisor site.
Trip Advisor, please take note: If you would send a member of your Team to this benighted hell hole of a "resort", you would be doing all of your members a huge service. I have no idea what TA's policy is regarding "in person" visits to properties, but it would put this whole "Bad vs Good Guest" nonsense to rest.
Whispers requires payment in full before your arrival so you have no recourse once you arrive. Buyer beware, this is bait and switch at it's finest. Their website photos are at least 10 years old, possibly older. I am attaching some photos taken when we stayed there; some recent photos from other "guests" at Whispers look much the same.
This property is in an excellent location (frankly having a car wash across the street is not something I consider dreadful); there is a lovely park an easy walk from the property with sidewalks located the entire route, it's on the intercoastal waterway with a very nice dock that's recently been rebuilt, and at one time it was awarded the White Glove Award by Superior Small Lodgings. They are not now a member of Superior Small Lodgings. The beach is beautiful and only about a twenty minute walk, the small downtown area has many nice restaurants, shops and benches to sit and enjoy Paradise. One night a week there is a "drum circle" on the beach at sunset which is just delightful; we went twice while we were there and it was both peaceful and entertaining. Treasure Island is a lovely, small bit of Florida that seems to have stopped in time.
As another reviewer wrote, with proper management, with some elbow grease, a lot of cleaning and some upgraded furniture, this would be a priceless gem of a place.
In closing, please look at my other reviews. They are, I believe, fair and unbiased. We travel extensively and enjoy road trips. Our preference is to stay at small, quaint lodging facilities (see Rock Lake Resort, see The Village Inn, and others). When in college I was employed by a local hotel as housekeeping staff and so am very familiar with the definition of "clean". Calling a dirty property "Old Florida" is an insult to the many native Floridians who manage some perfectly wonderful properties.

Room Tip: To my knowledge, all of the rooms are pretty badly maintained.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Auntie1949
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We booked our stay couple of months in advance. We saw pictures and read description of the "resort" and we decided that it is perfect for our small family. I just assumed that the place has a beach access since these are "beach condos".
I am not a clean freak or I am not one of those people who need service but this place was just one of the kind and I do not mean it as a compliment.
We arrived on Saturday to previously assigned condo #3. It was very small, which wouldn't be a big problem but after checking the place We couldn't stay there because of its condion. It was old and dirty. I was scared to touch anything because I didn't want to break anything. Sheets in the bedroom had blood stains. I called the owner and i told him that I do not want to be difficult but I need to change the room. I will give him a credit for coming and and giving me different room instead. We got condo #4, which to my relief looked better. By better I do not mean it was good but we could manage to stay there.
Place was old, dirty and smelled bed. Do not let the pictures mislead you because half of those photos are taken on the beach 3 blocks away. There is no playground for the kids as the pictures present.
The only reason we stay at that place is because we payed full price on Travelocity and there was no option for cancelletion or refund.
Stay away!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Ula M
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Whispers is an absolute gem!

I cant begin to describe the peace and solace I found in this little hide away.

It has such a deep energy and a sense of "being" that transported me out of time and space.
Heaven!
Do not even hesitate to book it.

I was healing from a bereavement and a very difficult transition and Sharda and Jeffrey were so kind and thoughtful as well as caring.
As was everyone who stayed there, especially Matt and Carolyne - shout out to you all of you guys and a big thank you.
You have no idea what it meant to me.

The condo is beautiful, and looks exactly as it does in the photographs.
The size was perfect for me and as a gal on her own, I felt totally taken care of.

The condo was immaculate and extremely well-stocked with kitchen supplies, linens, and materials.

I did not grill out, but some of the folks who did, invited me to join them, and I never felt alone, not unless I chose to be.
At such times, my private patio in the back of my condo was perfect for some quiet, reflective time alone.

The location is perfect - and I enjoyed walking on the boardwalk by the beach and taking in the stunning sunsets.
I walked everywhere on my own, Treasure Island is a very safe area and there is a beach trolley that runs up and down the beach if you don't have a car.
I am so thankful to have found Whispers and it holds a very special and magical place in my heart.

Many, many thanks!