Surf Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
US$306
US$238
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites(Treasure Island)
US$245
SunsetVistas.com
Treasure Island Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$249
Hotels.com
US$216
US$209
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$145
South Beach Condo/Hotel(Treasure Island)
US$235
US$228
Hotels.com
Sunset Inn & Cottages(Treasure Island)
US$192
The Bungalows(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$130
Page Terrace Beachfront Hotel(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$95
All reviewsenglish cottageboat dockold floridaholiday inngas grillthe maintenance manjohns passwasher dryerjefferyshalafishingdolphinsvacationcookoutintercoastalpoolsidepublix
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I booked the place a month in advance and signe the lease agreement. When we came to the location it turned out that somebody " by mistake" took my room. When i called the number provided the guy told me it was a mistake and he is gonna upgrade me to a different room. After we opened the door it was a firs suprise; moldy smell. And it went down from there. Dust everywhere. Dirty, stained pillow cases. Some kind of droppings all over the bed. Dirty and rusty fridge. Hairs on a stove and the worst was the toilet; never cleaned with pubic hairs and stains
. After i called the owner and complained he showed up 15 min later claiming that his wife did clean the flat. When??? How??? I said i cannot stay in this conditions which maybe would be acceptable in a third world country but not in Florida. He said i can do whatever i want but he will not refund anything. He said i will clean it up for You. Now??? And how You gonna get rid of the stench? He said i can spray it for You. With what? Fabreeze?
I tried to reason with the guy but he was not helpful at all. I paid almost $500 for 2 days in this place! What a dump! Please stay as far as possible. I notfied Booking.com and my credit card about the situation. We stayed in Crystal Bay hotel a night before just over the bridge. Half price and million times cleaner.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank jerrydrabo
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We just returned from our first stay at Whispers. Let me start by saying we have stayed in Treasure Island several times at another location and we had reservations at that place for this year, it had been sold and the new owners would not honor our reservations, so in late April we were scrambling to find a place to stay. I looked around the net and found Whispers, which fit our budget and the style of place we were looking for. I called Jeffery, who was very helpful on the phone and explained the process of making reservations on the internet. It was a very easy process, which I appreciated. Of course I read all the reviews before we left to come down, I was a little leery after reading some of them, some I took with a grain of salt. Of course I pestered Jeffrey several times via emails before arrival, he was always kind and prompt with his response.

So we arrived not exactly sure what to expect. Well let me tell you.....we fell in love with Whispers and this will be the place we will go to from now on. I almost hate to share how much we love it!! First, there were 6 adults in our party and we chose the 2 smallest units, figuring we really wouldn't be spending much time there anyway, we really just needed a meeting place and somewhere to lay our heads. Most of our time would be spent on the beach and out exploring, boy was I wrong. We didn't even have to leave if we didn't want to, there is a crystal clean pool, a patio to cookout and enjoy supper, a nice size dock to fish off of, we saw a dolphin, an osprey, lots of other pretty birds. My husband caught a nice size sting ray one night, our daughter found a seahorse floating in the water.

Our rooms were average size, not too big, not too small. The kitchen area provided most of what we needed, just a little short on silverware, we made do. On vacation thats what you do. The bed in our unit had the softest sheets I have ever felt!! The bathroom was clean and had a funky color changing showerhead, that we found to be pretty cool. The towels were clean, soft and plentiful. The AC worked wonderfully, while we were there the temps outside were in the mid 90s all week.

The gardens outside were beautiful and the giant tree in the pool area was amazing. It was convenient to have a coin washer/dryer on the property.

While we were there, Jeffrey and Sharda took the time to chat with us on several occasions, to make sure we were satisfied (totally) and to make some nice recommendations. They also gave us the opportunity to check out some of the other rooms for future stays, those rooms also appeared to be in clean order. I had seen in some other reviews the furniture needed updating, from what we saw everything seemed in nice condition.

So in conclusion, Thank you Jeffrey and Sharda for such an AMAZING vacation. Your care and obvious love of the property show in all the nice touches you provided. Also as just a little side note, as I mentioned it was mid 90s all week and these 2 spring chickens were working hard inside and out everyday, bless them!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
whersuch, Owner at Whispers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Hi Crystal

One of the things that Sharda and I love about Whispers is the incredible people that we meet.

You are one of them!

You arrived with the thought in your mind that you were going to have a good time. That is most important.

Attitude is so important to finding happiness in life.

Why?

Because no matter where you go - YOU are there!

So if you bring sunshine with you - you give sunshine to others.
(And vice versa)

So let me say what a pleasure it was to have you all stay with us.

Thank you for taking great care of our condos, and thank you for the lovely review.

We look forward to seeing you again,

Best wishes

Jeffrey and Sharda

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Booked way ahead of time. Did not read reviews. Got there on Saturday and main room tv broken. Bed very uncomfortable and linen were disgusting. Shower curtain and bath mat moldy. Had to go out buy sheets, shower curtain bath mat and towels. Ants and a gecko in our unit. Dog park was not close by. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Unless they overhaul the place We recommend you not stay there
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lulie99
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from a three week vacation. Our last week was to be spent in this location.

They call them selfs a resort/condo. Really the rooms are hotel rooms.

The pool area offers three lounge chairs for the entire facility.

The pool was dirty and very cold and pump system for pool was not working .

The exterior of the building is so over grown with plants your walking through a jungle to get to your room.

The rooms are very small and the decorating is very out dated.

We had a very serious ant issue that we had brought to there attention, the owners sent there hand man with store purchased products to treat unit , we refused entry as we had our dogs . We thought they would have called a pest control company and we would have left for the required time instead they left the products for us to treat.

We end up tossing around $150.00 in food as it was infested with ants.

We e mailed owners a few times with our concerns and indicated we would be leaving early and why . There response was because we refused entry to there handyman with store purchased products to treat the ants we are not enrolled to any kind of refund.

As a family we have been vacationing in this area for 30 plus years and have never been treated so poorly .

I hope ppl who are considering to stay at this location really think twice because true condo company's do not treat or mislead the public the way these two ppl have done and continue to.

We all work hard for our money, be aware.

Dave

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DThorne2
whersuch, Owner at Whispers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

When you reported ants in your condo - you would not let us in to see.

We have a professional grade pest control store and I purchased a treatment for the unit that cost $55.00 - this is not Raid from the supermarket.

Once again you would not let us in. You said that you were in the business of professional pest control and that you would treat the unit yourself.

Following on that I could have insisted on my right as the owner to enter the unit. However I respected your request not to do so.

Your claim that you lost food is strange on account of the fact that your complaint to me was that you left donuts out on the top of the counter that attracted ants. This is all the more strange given the fact that if you had already complained about ants and if really did have ants - you dont have to be a professional pest control person - to know that you do not leave donuts out - why would you leave them out and not put them in the fridge?

Regarding the pool - it is true - on the Friday - a part of the pool equipment failed and we could not get parts until Monday. By Monday it was working and heated to 86 degrees. It is not all doom and gloom.

We also did not appreciate the fact that you were soliciting our guests.

As it happens ALL of the guests that you approached have already booked for next year, they are regulars and they come every year - you did not make yourself popular.

Sincerely

Jeffrey Solomon

Reviewed 17 March 2017

We were in a terrible bind when we booked our stay at The Whispers Resort. We were on a 2-week stay on Madeira Beach, when my 90-year-old mother-in-law fell, leading to a hospital stay and time in rehab. We suddenly found ourselves needing to stay an additional week in FL to be with her—on Friday, we were frantically looking for a place to stay starting the following day.

Jeffrey’s listing on airbnb was very generalized. It was hard to tell what each unit was actually like from his generic descriptions; and I was so frazzled that I didn’t ask the right questions. The unit I was looking at seemed to be a standard one-bedroom, with a “separate living/dining area” with “full-sized kitchen appliances.” When we arrived, I was totally shocked to find myself in a tiny room that housed a small table with 4 chairs, a run-down couch covered with an old bedspread, a small TV, and tiny apartment-sized refrigerator, stove, and microwave along one wall of the room. At least the bed was in a separate room. There was a small wall-mounted TV in the bedroom with no remote. We never received the remote, after asking almost every day, so that TV was pretty useless. It’s a first-world problem, but who wants to get up out of bed to change the TV channel?

The cleaner was still in the unit when we arrived at the 4 pm check-in time, and she must have decided just not to finish cleaning. The kitchen was passably clean, but the bathroom and floors were not. The tub was moldy, and there was sand & other debris in the bottom of the tub. Bless my husband’s heart, he cleaned the tub before our first showers. At least there was good water pressure and plenty of hot water. There was dirt in every corner of the floors.

The bed seemed small for a queen—it may have been because the feather-bed topper wasn’t big enough to cover the whole mattress. The sheets were old and pilled. The towels were plentiful, but mismatched and musty-smelling. I realize Florida is a tropical climate where things get moldy quick, but at least wash the towels before new guests arrive.

The kitchen had mismatched thrift-store dinnerware. Lots of plates, but just a few bowls and full-sized glasses; not much silverware. We were planning to cook our meals, but the one small skillet, one small saucepan, and lack of baking pans or baking sheets made that really difficult. There was no dishwasher, and no dish drainer provided for washing dishes (of course, there would have been no counter space to put it anyway). There was a gas grill poolside, but we didn’t use it.

A couple of positives: the gardens are lovely. There are chairs scattered along the pathway leading through the units back to the pool and boat dock. Lots of different plants, some fountains, kitschy statuary, and lighted at night.

Dan, the maintenance man, was friendly and helpful whenever we encountered him. He kept the grounds and pool area clean and inviting. He also suggested we visit Tarpon Springs, which made for a relaxing day trip.

This place apparently caters to dog owners, because there were dogs everywhere. We don’t mind dogs, but the people staying in the unit adjacent to the pool let their 2 dogs have the run of the pool area, which was annoying at times. One night we had the door to our condo open for some air circulation, and another dog just walked right in! The owner was apologetic, but really!

This is a very noisy location. There’s a busy road on the street side of the condos, and the pool/boat dock are very close to another busy road. There was road noise every time we sat out by the pool or on the dock. Two mornings, we were awakened at 6 am by trash trucks emptying dumpsters. Another morning, it was a lawn mower/leaf blower at an adjacent condo. Half of another day was ruined by some truck-mounted machinery (carpet cleaner?) working in another Whispers unit—horrendous noise!

I met Jeffrey, the condo owner, and he seemed like a nice man, inquiring about my MIL’s health. I didn’t bother bringing up any issues then, because our visit was almost over, and we were pretty much stuck. If we had not been in panic-mode, I would have asked the appropriate questions to get details about the unit we were considering, and I would NOT have rented here. It was overpriced for what it is. If you’re feeling generous, you could call it cozy and quaint (instead of old and cramped), but I would NOT recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy A
whersuch, Owner at Whispers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

Factually we do have a warranty and assurance that if you need anything - such as additional cookware, or if a cleaner has overlooked anything we take care of it.
So notwithstanding that we met you and you assured us that all was good and that Dan was there everyday to take care of your needs, you chose not to do so.

The pet cover on the couch is to protect against pets as we are pet friendly as you have noted, it may be removed as needed.

The refrigerator is a full sized one standing 5.5 ft tall with a freezer and the stove is a four top with an oven - which is perfectly adequate for most people.

For the record, we are on a small neighborhood street - and seeing as we are a small property of just 8 units it is somewhat disingenuous to complain about hearing the noise of the garbage trucks once a week.

Our goal is to do everything we can to make you feel comfortable and if you require anything you need to simply ask any of the staff who are there every day.

Failing which, if you tell us that everything is fine, we take you at your word.

Sincerely